Chapter 16: The Nightclub Blues

Start from the beginning

Loki followed suit, moving his hands to Kat's waist as she moved the hand he was holding to his shoulder, her other one moving her thick, almost black hair out of the way. As they danced Loki paid attention to the words Kat was singing, it was hard not to.

'Oh, we were bound to get together,

Bound to get together.'

Did it feel like they were suppose to be together? He was the only one who could give her relief from those headaches the Beast caused.

Loki quickly caught onto the lyrics and was singing the singer's part while Kat sang out the parts of the girl he met.

"'You're holding back.'" Loki sang, causing Kat to smile even more.

"'Shut up and dance with me!'" she replied.

'My discotheque, Juliet teenage dream.'

Juliet? Really? Loki thought Kat was more beautiful than Juliet could have been.

Loki suddenly felt like they were being watched and turned to look around. Kat grabbed his chin gently and turned him to look back at her as she sang, "'Oh, don't you dare look back. Just keep your eyes on me.'"

"'You're holding back.'"

"'Shut up and dance with me!'"

After the chorus played once more, it was over and another song replaced it which Kat thought was called, 'Honey, I'm Good.' They danced to the song, and the next, and the next, all while looking around for the owner sneakily. Tony had been able to find a picture of Taylor and the man meeting. He enhanced the photo so they had a clear picture of who they were looking for.

When the song ended the DJ picked up the microphone to speak into, "This next song is dedicated to a special couple out there that your friends think you will like. All they said is, 'Love Spandex and Widow.'"

Turning her head, Kat saw Natasha and Steve standing by the bar. They raised glasses in their hands to her while smirking as a slower song played over the speakers. Kat didn't even know that clubs played slow songs. She couldn't stick her tongue out at them or respond because Loki pulled her closer to him.

She looked at him with shock and confusion in her eyes at his sudden movements. Kat though he'd want to stop dancing because of the change of emotion on the dance floor. He leaned down and whispered in her ear.

"Look normal, I think I found our man." he informed her.

"Spin me so I can see." she whispered back, smiling when they pulled away from each other.

Loki did as she told him and spun her out before bringing her back to him. She caught a glance at the man in the jeans and dark shirt. His hair was a bright red, contrasting nicely with his sharp blue eyes. That was their guy.

"Did you see him?" Loki questioned, hoping he didn't bring her back too fast.

"Yeah." Kat answered, her fake smile still in place as she slid her arms around Loki's shoulders.

She tried to think of a way to get to him before he moved. They couldn't stop dancing suddenly and march over to him. Then it came to her.

"Loki," she looked up at him. "Push the button on my communicator in my ear, but make it look like you're pushing my hair out of the way and holding my cheek."

He did without question, knowing what she was thinking.

"Guys, we found him. Behind me. Green shirt, jeans. You can see his red hair easily." Kat spoke into the communicator as she kept eye contact with Loki while (still!) smiling to make it look like they were just a couple in love.