The Choice Part 2

Previously on Nearly Heartless:

"Rebekah, darling, welcome home." He groaned, anger in his voice. "Way to make me feel welcomed." She scoffed, her British accent showing sarcasm.

"Elijah." I nodded as a greeting. Kol noticed him at that moment and rushed at him, pinning him to the wall angrily. "Why are you back here?" He growled. Elijah, not phased, replied softly. "I do not wish to harm Miracle anymore don't worry. I was also told that Winter was here. I have some business with her." Elijah explained.

"You again? I am getting really tired of you." A familiar voice sneered in my ear. Of course it's familiar, it's yours, you idiot. Jalene's voice growled sarcastically. Winter. "Aw, really? I thought we were getting along pretty well." I smirked, pulling her hand from my throat and pushing her back a step.

"Please! Help me!" She begged. My face dropped instantly as I noticed how literally terrified she was. She was shivering and tears were filling her eyes. "What do you mean? You're fine." I pointed out. She shook her head. "Not for long. You obviously haven't done your research enough. If you share your 'one' with someone else it turns into a competition. Whoever gets him survives, the other...dies. That is going to happen to me. Miracle. Please I'm begging you. Please." She begged me.

"What the hell?" Caroline asked, shock carved into her face. "I promised I would help and I never go back on a promise." I explained. She looked back at Bonnie who was behind her. Bonnie raised her eyebrows. "I'm not helping her." She refused. "Please BonBon. She is going to die if you don't help her...do you want that on your conscience? Or will you fucking help her?" I growled, getting angry.

"What business did you have with Elijah?" Kol asked her. She cleared her throat. "Well, after I met you and Klaus me and him were a thing. At first I didn't know he was related. After a while, I kind of fell for him, but since the whole 'one' thing with you, I had to break his heart." She explained, sadly.

"Yeah?" I asked, hope in my voice. "We found a way to unlink her from her one completely." Bonnie explained. I smiled. "We'll be right over." I hung up.

"Okay, well what we have to do will completely unlink you from your 'one' so you will be completely free from Kol." Bonnie explained. "Then why not do it now?" She asked. Caroline stopped her. "There's a catch." She frowned. "What is it?" I asked. "To do so, we have to change you into a full vampire." Bonnie explained. There was a silence when all of our faces dropped. After about fifteen seconds Winter spoke. "Don't do it." She broke the silence. I looked at her incredulously. "What? Are you serious? You're not going to do it?" I asked. She shook her head. "I don't want to live forever, just longer. I don't hurt innocent people either." She refused. "So I'm not innocent apparently. Winter you have to. I'm not going to let you die." I argued. "Why not? You said it yourself, I hurt you." She shrugged. I sighed. "Because I see myself in you...not just looks wise either. I mean, we are a lot a like. Complicated lives. Complicated loved ones. Complicated species that is nearly extinct. Having to be know as heartless for half my life. Trust me I understand, but I would never let myself die, especially if I knew I had a person to live for." I rushed. SHe shook her head. "And who do I have to live for? You?" She asked. I frowned. "Yes, but if that isn't enough. Elijah." I pushed. She paused before sighing. "I just- I can't." She refused rushing away.

"I have a mission today. I need to find Winter and convince her to turn Vampire." I explained.

"Miracle. I am sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I just-" She paused as tears built in her eyes. "I just didn't want to die." She finished, her voice stuffy,holding back tears.