Telling a backstory

1742
3rd person P.O.V

Kol smirked as he entered the gigantic ball room, decorated for his evening festivities. His friend, whom he lived with, was throwing a ball. No one had arrived yet, but the decorations were ready and food was set out for people to snack on. Kol's friend, Richard, started slowly, down the stairs before stopping just in front of Kol. "Richard. I must say this ball looks amazing." Kol complimented. "Thanks to you. So, for payment I have gotten you a servant of you will. Come out now!" Richard yelled to an unknown person. A woman with shining blonde hair, glistening blue eyes, plunp pink lips, and rosy red cheeks walked out from behind the stairs and bowed in front of Kol. "Hello Mr.Mikaelson." She bowed. "Hello." He smiled. "This is Winter Green Forbes. She will be your help until you wish to despose of her." Richard smiled at his dear friend. "Nice to meet you Winter Green." Kol smiled. "Likewise, Mr. Mikaelson." Winter just stared.

8 months later

Winter cheered with laughter as Kol chased her around the huge garden. "Mr. Mikaelson, I know you can run faster." She laughed, circling him as he smirked at her. "But if I did, I would win and I wouldn't be able to hear that beautiful laugh of yours." Kol smiled, noticing Winter smiling at him, love in her eyes. "Winter Green, please, darling, go into your room and stay there until I tell you otherwise." Kol's smile dropped from his mouth as he saw his older brother, Niklaus, approach them. "Yes Mr.Mikaelson." Winter nodded, running to her room. "What a lovely woman." Niklaus smirked at his younger brother. "Stay away from her." Kol growled, worry setting in for the woman he loved. "Why would I do that?" Niklaus asked, teasingly. "Niklaus, please, just stay away." Kol pleaded. "You really care about her don't you?" Niklaus frowned. "Yes, I do." Kol pleaded with his eyes. "You should know, love is a vampires greatest weakness." Klaus smirked walking passed his innocent young brother.

1750

Winter looked around in Kol's room. She had been his servant for six years and now she was prepared to get what she came for. She rummaged through Kol's desk. Her pulse raced as she thought of getting caught by an Original. Her hand grazed across the chain of a necklace before she pulled it up to her face, smiling at it. "Do you want it?" Kol asked, strutting over to her. She jumped, Spinning around to face him. "Excuse me?" She asked, holding the necklace behind her back. "Hand it over." Kol held out his hand. Winter sighed in defeat and dropped the necklace in his palm. As she turned to walk away, he put his hand on her shoulder and put necklace on her. "It looks beautiful on you, why don't you have it?" Kol smiled, his hand brushing her neck, sending shivers down her spine. At that moment she immediately felt a warm sensation in her heart. He placed his hand on the small of her back, leaning forward and kissing her lips gently before exitting the room. As soon as he was gone, she kept one hand on her necklace and ond softly on her plump pink lips.

1756

"Hello Niklaus." Winter hummed,  Niklaus entering her room. "Hello lovely Winter Green." Niklaus smirked, circling her while putting his hand on the small of her back. "Niklaus, you know your brother would be very upset if he found out about us." Winter sighed, a small smile on her lips. "Let him be." Niklaus muttered, staring Winter down, lust swimming in his eyes. She just looked up at the broken man in front of her. "You are selfish Niklaus. I don't dislike that about you." She teased, a smirk on her red lips. "You are so different with Kol, why is that?" Niklaus asked, curiousity getting the best of him. "I try to fit with the enviroment i'm in Niklaus." She walked passed him to the body length mirror. "Kol and I are two different enviroments?" Niklaus smirked at her. "Of course. You are dangerous and risky. Kol is sweet and...passionate." Winter smiled at herself in the mirror gripping the necklace Kol gave her. "Where did you get that?" Niklaus asked, staring in worry at the necklace Winter held. "Kol gave it to me." She smiled, turning to him. "It's Dragon Blood Stone, correct?" Niklaus asked, circling her. "I am not sure. It's pretty isn't it?" She lied through her teeth. "Very." Niklaus smirked, leaning down, connecting their lips before they fell back onto her bed, Winter giggling.

1757

  Kol frowned, seeing his brothed with Winter in the garden. "Hello Winter Green." Kol put on a smile as he walked up to them. The smile that Winter wore angered him worse than anything else. "Hello Mr.Mikaelson. Niklaus was just telling me about your family." Winter giggled. His jaw clentched, hearing her say his name. She had always called Kol 'Mr.Mikaelson', never once was he Kol. "That was very nice of you Niklaus." Kol spoke bitterly. "Are you okay Mr. Mikaelson?" Winter interrupted. "Yes, i'm fine." Kol snapped. His face softened when he saw the pain on Winter's face. "I apologize." He frowned, turning to walk away. He had snapped at Winter. His Winter. His heart dropped as he realized that he was no longer the innocent 'Mr.Mikaelson' Winter loved, he was Kol Mikaelson, the heartless brother.

2 months later

Kol stood in his room, waiting for Niklaus and Winter who announced a meeting with him. "Hello Kol." Niklaus smirked entering the room, Winter behind him, her eyes glistening with guilt. "What's the matter my Winter Green?" Kol asked, worry flashing across his face. "She is no longer, your Winter Green." Niklaus smirked. "Pardon?" Kol asked, anger covering his face. "Kol, I love Niklaus." Winter spoke up, fear in her eyes when Kol's face turned from betrayal ti pure rage. A fire shone in his eyes so bright it could blind them. "I'm sorry, but I am leaving you Kol. Niklaus and I....we're engaged." Winter spoke so softly he could scarcley hear her. Suddenly Kol was across the room, pinning his dear love to wall, her arms in his tight grasp. She whimpered as she hit the wall. "You can not! I-I forbid you!" Kol screamed, his face twisted with rage, his eyes full of hatred. "I can and I will." Winter replied, softness in her voice. "I own you! You are mine!" Kol growled loudly. The room fell silent as his face transormed into the true monster he was. Winter did not seem phased. "Winter, I love you." Kol cried, tears effortlessly dripping from his eyes. "And I love Niklaus." She frowned. Kol's heart shattered into a million peices before he let her go. She walked over to Niklaus and he whispered something in her ear before she nodded and walked away. "Now, Kol, we know that is no way to treat a lady." Niklaus smirked. "Just leave. You've done too much harm." Kol whispered, pain in his voice. "Yet, not enough." Niklaus pulled a dagger from his jacket. "Niklaus please." Kol scurried to the wall. "I think you need a nap Kol." Niklaus shoved the dagger in his little brothers abdomen.

1820

Kol's eyes fluttered open to see Niklaus sitting in a chair across from him. His automatic reaction was to look for his love. "Where is she?" He growled. "Oh, Winter? I killed her." Niklaus smirked. Kol died inside. "You what?!" He snapped, his face transforming again. "I killed her. Snapped her neck to be precise." Niklaus smirked smugly. Kol gripped the.dagger that had been in him recently before throwing into his brothers abdomen. "Go to hell." Kol growled before he flipped the switch and became what he had never wanted to be...a heartless monster.