15: Jack-in-the-box

*Victoria's POV*

-11:00am-

"IT'S TIME TO GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP IT'S TIME TO GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP!" I heard the guys singing next to my bed.

I groaned and rolled over, shoving the blankets in my face. They kept singing and someone tried to rip the blankets off of me. I clenched onto the blankets and threw my pillow at them.

Suddenly, someone grabbed my ankles and yanked me out from under the blankets.

"AH!" I screamed as I was taken out of my bed. I landed in someone's arms.

I looked up and saw Josh, holding me upside down... Again.

"Jooooosh!" I whined, giggling slightly.

"Come on! We have a concert tonight! It's going to be your first one!!" He was really excited. Overexcited really. It was scary.

"Ughhh," I groaned.

Josh laid me down on the couch and I sat up straight. "What's for breakfast?" I asked.

"We got McDonald's, we already ate. We didn't sleep in until 11:00!" Josh ruffled my hair.

I laughed as he laid a McDonald's paper bag on the small table in front of me. I reached inside and pulled out a Quarter-Pounder and fries. Then Josh put a medium Coke on the table too.

I thanked them and started eating. After I was done, I sat on the couch staring out the window, watching the trees go by.

After about ten minutes the bus came to a stop and I looked back at Josh and the guys.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"Halifax," Josh said.

I nodded. I've never been here before. Well, I've never been anywhere besides Vancouver.

(I'm just gonna skip to that night because I'm too fuckin lazy to write the whole day xD)

-8:00pm-

"Josh put your pants on!" I exclaimed, covering my eyes with my hands.

We were now in Marianas Trench' dressing room. Or as the sign by the door said, "Dressin' room".

I was currently sitting on the couch, waiting for all of the guys to get dressed. I got dressed already. I was wearing the same outfit as Josh. I don't know why, I'm not going on stage, he is!

We were both wearing a white jacket thingy, red 'Candy Apple' pants (more like leggings if you ask me), and red sparkly shoes. He couldn't really find the same ones that he was wearing, so I was wearing sparkly red converse. He also gave me a black and white hat to wear, it was black on one side and white on the other. (Picture of all of this on the side:))

We were both wearing white T-shirts with blue stripes under the coat too. I was still really confused on why he wanted me to dress like this. I brushed through my hair and then sat back down on the couch again, slightly bored.

Finally, at 9:00, they were ready to go on stage. Josh came over to me and picked me up off the couch. He adjusted me on his arm and then walked out of the dressing room, following the other guys.

Once we made our way to the end of the hallway, I could already hear the girls screaming. We walking through a door and the screams were even louder. It was then when I realized we were backstage.

All there was dividing us from the crowd, was a big black curtain. I could hear some sort of music playing in the stadium, but it wasn't Marianas Trench, so I'm guessing they're just stalling.

"Two minutes Josh, get in the box." Someone with a clipboard and headphones on said as he walked quickly past us.

Box? Why would he get in a box?

Josh put me down and brought me over to a chair right by the stage. The girls didn't see us because it was still dark, but I could see them. There were a lot of people. Josh handed me some headphones and told me to wear them if I found it too loud. I thanked him and he patted my shoulder, then ran off.

Suddenly, some music started playing and the girls went crazy. I guess that's the opening music. The lights came on onstage and the girls went even crazier. I looked at the stage and saw what looked like a giant jack-in-the-box.

Ohhh, that's what they meant when they said 'box'.

The handle on the box started turning and girls screamed. After about five or six turns, the top of the box popped up and Josh popped out holding his microphone in one hand and his hat in the other.

He started singing,
"Once upon a time
I used to romanticize
Used to be somebody, never mind
Don't miss it that much now
I think it's sinking in
Days that I wonder where I've been
In picture perfect porcelain
But I won't lose a pound," he looked over at me and smiled. I smiled back. What does he have planned...

"You say I would make a better liar
And never face the music when it's dire
And I breathe disaster, ever after
Don't pull away from me now," he jumped out of his box and onto the stage, walking over to the edge and making the girls scream louder.

"Don't you move
Can't you stay where you are, just for now
I could be your perfect disaster
You could be my ever after
You could be my ever after, after all
I could be your perfect disaster
You could be my ever after,"
The music paused and I saw Ian and Mike walk out on stage. Where's Matt?

I was waiting for Josh to start singing again, until someone picked me up from behind and threw me over their shoulder.

"AH!" I screamed. I looked down and saw the one and only, Mr. Brown Hair.

"Matt!!" I yelled.

Matt ran up some stairs and ran onto the stage, he placed me on my feet and I fixed me hair and placed my hat back on.

Josh was handed a guitar and he started playing it quickly. He looked at me and smiled, then he started singing. To me.

"Apologies, I'm not myself but I can guarantee
That when I get back, you won't believe
That you knew me well
Don't want to think about it
I'm fuckin' tired of getting sick about it," I laughed when he cursed. He smiled back at me.

"Now stand back up and be a man about it
And fight for something, fight for something, fight for something, oh

I would make a better liar
And never face the music when it's dire
And I breathe disaster, ever after
Don't pull away from me now," he sang into his mic, while strumming his guitar maniacally.

He sang through the rest of the song and then picked up his mic and walked over to me.

"Once upon a time
This place was beautiful and mine
But now it's just a bottom line
Barely comes to mind
But ever after was mine," he sang to me, I smiled at him, showing my teeth a little.

"I'll be your disaster, ever after
So fire away!" He then got down on one knee and pulled out a rose.

"Goodbye!" He sang into his mic. I felt tears slipping down my face as I took the flower from his hand.

The crowd was so loud, I'm surprised my ears didn't bleed. Josh stayed on his knee and pulled me over to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around my waist, hugging me tightly.