Red Lipstick

"Heyyyyy" I say sounding really awkward and rubbing the back of my head looking up at Trent,

He chuckles, "I was just stopping by because your dad told me to tell you because you weren't answering your phone that he'll be home late," says Trent. 'Oh shit, my iPhone 6, I lost it, dads going to kill me,' I say to myself while staring at Trent without realising in my own little world,

"I'll uh, see you later," he says, walking away.

I close the door and press my back against it and slide to sit on the floor and slap myself in the forehead.
"He probably thinks I'm weird and isn't going to talk to me ever again," I say

"There's nothing wrong with being weird," says Austin smiling down at me offering to lift me up to my feet, I grab his hand and he yanks me up almost making me fall flat on my face.

I walk past Alan who's sitting on the couch still giggling after I embarrassed myself and head up stairs to get ready for the day- which is already half way over.
I chuck on my falling in reverse shirt, denim shorts and chunky black boots 'these would be great for kicking Alan,' I say to myself giggling. I rummage through my bag and find some makeup, and I do my usual winged eyeliner look with red lipstick.
I run down stairs and jump on the couch next to Austin and Alan,
"What are we doing today?" I say,

"Whatever you want to do," says Alan who is laying on his back with his eyes closed, so I look over at Austin who has his face stuck in a book.
I sigh and get up off the couch and decide I'll go out and explore by myself, maybe I'll find some teens who are like me- awkward, strange, and who loves bands.
I wander through the streets towards the main building and decide I might go bug dad, but I'm really just trying to find Trent and hope he talks to me after this mornings embarrassing ordeal.
I walk up the steps to the main house and someone runs out of the building and nearly knocks me over, it's dad.
"Oh sorry hunny, what are you doing here?" He asks looking at my outfit and I can tell he doesn't like it.

"The guys are having a chilled out day and I wanted to do something fun so I came to see what you were doing," I say ,

"Well I'm an office man so i'm not that exciting, do me a favour and go home and change your outfit, your shorts are too short," he says running off in the direction he was heading before he ran into me.

"Pfft, my shorts aren't even that short" I say walking back down the steps when someone calls out my name from the building,

"Hey Nori!" Yells Trent, 'shit.'
I panic and act like I didn't hear him and continue to walk away,
"Nori wait!" He yells again, this time coming towards me.

I turn around and I'm greeted by Trent, who stops and looks at me as if he's shocked to see that I don't look like a feral because my hair doesn't look like a birds nest and I have makeup on.
"Hey, you look nice," he says smiling at me making me blush, "Are you busy?" He asks,

"No I was just seeing what dad was up to, but he seems to have his hands full," I say,

"Great, would you like to hang out?" He asks,
"I'd love to," I say smiling like a dork, and we walk towards the market.

"I don't want to sound rude, but how old are you?" I ask Trent,

"I'm 17, and you're 15 right?" Says Trent, "oh- your dad told me, I'm not some stalker or anything" he says laughing nervously.
We walk around the market quietly until he offers to buy me a chain bracelet with little crystals dangling from it.
"Oh no, you've already brought me food once before," I say
"No it's okay," he persists. I give up my fight and he buys the bracelet which is $17 and puts it on my wrist.

"Thank you," I say "but you didn't have to."
We continue to walk through town, having a little conversation here and there when a notice goes out on the speakers, 'all soldiers must return to the main house immediately.'
He looks at me apologetically,
"It's okay I understand," I say and before he runs off a solider passes us and says "there's a herd of zombies coming towards us, there has to be at least 100," and Trent hears it too because he turns around and kisses me, and runs off with red lipstick on his lips.

What do ya'll think of the story so far? Do you like the turn it's taken?