Whose Next?

I hear the thudding of Alan's feet as he runs down the bus,

"Stop moving!" I yell clutching onto Nala and the bus slowly screeches to a stop.

"What the hell happened?" I hear Trent yell,

"We're half way over a bridge, any thing else you want to know?" I yell back.

"Well mr know it all, what do we do now?" Says Alan

"Move to the back of the bus, and for gods sakes DON'T come this way," I say climbing out of the passengers seat making the bus rock.
Austin follows me out and we meet Trent and Alan in front of the bathroom when we suddenly hear pawing.

"The runners caught up, they'll push the bus even more," I say panicking and getting the tight sensation in my chest, "what the fuck are we going to do?" I say scared shitless and about to cry.
Trent puts his hands on my shoulders and says it'll be okay trying calm me down when Alan suggest to go through the skylight.

"Okay kid, you're the smallest, so you first." says Austin lifting me on his shoulders so I'm able to climb onto the roof.
The bus is almost half way over the bridge, and it's surrounded by runners who are staring up at me with their freaky grey eyes which seem to look into my soul, and to make it worse it looks like there's a storm coming as there's no blue sky.

"Alan you're next," I hear Austin say then Alan's head pops through the skylight, and little Nala is starting to struggle to break free from my arms and digging her claws into me.
I tuck my shirt into my pants and put her down my shirt so she has no where to go and I help pull Alan up.

"Nice," says Alan as he looks at my shirt and the struggling kitty behind it.

"You go," I hear Trent say and him grunt as he gives Austin a hand to get up.
We both grab Austin's hand and heave him up when my shirt unfolds from my pants and Nala falls out of my shirt,

"Shit," I say not knowing whether to help Alan bring Austin up or grab Nala,

"Get her!" Yells Alan, and I lunge for Nala but she literally jumps off the side of the bus and scuttles into the trees at the other side of the bridge taking some of the runners attention away from us, leaving me amazed as how she survived the fall without hurting herself.

I look behind me and see Austin flat on his back and Alan sitting on his butt panting, exhausted.
I lost my cat, I rescued her, and lost her again- it's going to be impossible to get her back.

"We'll find her," says Alan smiling at me reassuringly.

"Help?" Says Trent and I reach down into the skylight and grab his arm, and with the help of Austin and Alan Trent is pulled up onto the roof with a backpack full of food.

"This is going to be a mission and a half to get down in one piece," says Alan walking around the edge of the bus looking down at the 10 or so runners below us.

"My gun!" says Trent excitedly jumping back down into the bus,

"What gun!?" says Austin concerned,

"The boy has a gun?" says Alan turning to me,

"I knew it would come in handy," says Trent with a spring in his voice and he pulls a chair under the skylight and pulls himself up with his super human solider strength, and walks over to the edge of the bus and takes aim,

"I'd cover your ears," says Trent as he points the small gun at the runners and fires multiple times, and 20 seconds later there's no more runners pawing at our bus.

"Great job Trent," says Austin smiling at him.

"Now, how do we get down?" Asks Alan looking down at the shot runners.

"We have cushions," says Trent, but he didn't mean the ones you keep on your bed.
Trent jumps down, making me gasp in horror but he lands on the bodies below him and does a little roll as he gets off the runners and brushes himself off and grins up at us cutely.

"Whose next?"