“I can’t,” Ginny says, “Cho is too good. She blocks me every time and her broom is faster than mine.”

“We’ll swap,” I tell her, “Right now I don’t need the speed as much as you do. Try to do a Wronski feint.”

“No way,” Angelina cries, “she hasn’t practiced, what if she crashes?”

“What if Cho does?” I ask, “Ginny’s right. Cho’s more experienced than she is.”

Angelina is chewing on her lip, looking conflicted.

“It’s time Gryffindor!” Madame Hooch calls.

“Alright,” Angelina sighs, “do what she says.”

I hand Ginny my broom and take hers. It’s a good deal slower than mine, but we only need one more goal and hopefully Ginny will see the snitch.

“After we score don’t focus as much on scoring, just on not letting them score,” Angelina says, “block them.”

We nod and kick off into the air. The crowds are cheering, but I try to block them and the pain in my hand out and just focus on the game. As soon as we start I fly forward. I feel like I’m moving at a snail’s pace and am convinced I could walk faster than this. Angelina passes back to me and I lean forward, willing the broom to go faster. In the end I have to take a risk and lob the ball over to Alicia. I’m still twenty metres from the goals when she scores. I immediately look around for Ginny and see her and Cho flying neck and neck straight for the ground. Ginny pulls up just in time, while Cho hits the ground. I don’t have time to see if she’s hurt when Ginny suddenly lifts her arm, showing off the small golden ball.

“I thought she was faking!” Angelina cries as we speed towards the ground.

Since we didn’t win we don’t expect a party, but when we reach the common room the twins have got piles of food around and bottles of butterbeer.

“If you’d scored just once more you would have won,” George says, clapping us on the back. I glance at Angelina and catch her eye.

“That didn’t even occur to me,” I confess. She shakes her head, laughing.

“Me neither,” she admits, “oh well, let’s relax.”

I sit down with Fred and we deconstruct the match together.

“You did well, all things considered,” he says. I lean my head on his shoulder and he brushes his fingers through my hair.

“Are you going home for Easter?” I ask. Fred shakes his head.

“Going to stay here and take care of Umbridge,” he smirks, “are you?”

“Yeah,” I nod, “it’s only a week, might as well.”

Fred loops one arm around my waist and holds me close.

“I’ll miss you,” he says in a girly voice. I laugh and poke him softly on the stomach.

“Sure you will.”

On Monday my hand is almost back to normal, there will be permanent scarring, but it doesn’t hurt as much anymore. During lunch time I’m sitting with Carma when our galleons heat up.

“Meeting tonight,” I breathe, “probably the last for the term.”

Fred and George approach us, bright eyed.

“Ron mentioned we’re learning something really cool tonight,” Fred whispers, “pass the chicken.”

I can’t sit still for the rest of the day. I fidget all through Charms and can barely eat at dinner. At seven o’clock sharp we arrive in the Room of Requirement. Nearly everyone arrives at the same time, making it look rather suspicious.