Chapter 36: Felicia in France

*Felicia's Point of View*

Felicia unpacked the boxes in her mother's house. She didn't want to move to France, even though she had to. But not just because her mum told her to. She had to go because she had to do something. If she didn't move away, the stupid Finnigan would blab and then they'd have its alliances back immediately. Surely, she'd loved Albus, but this was more important. Flynn would be killed if she didn't do it. The thing was, Luke never actually cheated on Tyler. She'd made an illusion on everyone's minds that he had - well, Luke and that other boy, the Ravenclaw. Instead of kissing, Felicia had attacked Luke. Because he still had its alliances. Then, she had to get away, because it'd go wrong otherwise. Now, she was in no danger and she'd go to Beauxbatons, the school she had always admired. She took out the bracelet Albus had given her on one of their dates, and it made her think of that day.

Felicia had smiled as Albus took her hand. "Let's go to Madam Puddifoot's, shall we?" he said, and Felicia had followed him. They'd had tea and then he'd given her the lovely bracelet. She really liked this boy.

She held the bracelet to her heart. In all honesty, this hadn't been her plan. The plan was that she'd become friends with them and then betraying them to the Death Eaters. Surely she didn't fall in love with him on purpose. She placed the bracelet in a drawer in the desk next to her bed. Her mother had moved all the furniture already, and Felicia did know she'd move before Albus asked her to come to the Burrow with her. She opened the next box. Inside were her old clothes and photos. She restrained from crying. She wasn't going to miss these people, they were merely parts of the plan. Also she was being bad towards Flynn.

"Felicia? Are you coming for tea, darling?" Felicia's mother screeched from downstairs. After putting down the old London snow globe on her desk she ran downstairs. There, she faced an old man with large glasses.

"Bonjour, ma cherie!" he said, and Felicia raised her eyebrows.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you dear. This is Geoffroi, he's from my new job here. Geoffroi, c'est Felicia, mais tu le sais déjà." she said, and Felicia looked from her mother to Geoffroi. "Well, let's get us some tea." Felicia's mother said, and the three of them entered the living room - which was filled with boxes still - and sat down. Felicia drank her tea, didn't join in with the conversations her mother had with this Geoffroi guy she didn't know but was sure was her mother's new... fix, and hurried back upstairs to continue unpacking. After going through about two more boxes she found herself staring at the picture of Flynn and her. It hung on her wall and she had missed it but she couldn't take it to Hogwarts when she'd wanted to, afraid it would raise questions. Things like 'is he your brother?' and 'who is that?' and although the four other girls in her dorm were nice, they were all far too curious to learn about Flynn.

Flynn had been an important part of her life. However, if he hadn't been there, Felicia might not have done what she had. Well, if he hadn't been there a lot of things wouldn't have happened. She and Ervin wouldn't have split up when their parents divorced, probably, and she wouldn't have been homeschooled in the first place. In any way she missed him. But now he wasn't there. And if she didn't obey them, he'd be killed. And certainly she didn't want that.

After she had cleared out more boxes an owl flew in. Immediately she recognized the writing.

Felicia,

We are glad you could succeed in doing your job. We can't reveal much in this letter, in fear of it being intercepted. You have to do one more thing before we can release him. Trick them into going to the fourth house next to Borgin and Burkes in Knockturn Alley. If you do that, we'll release him.

Yours truly.

Felicia sighed. One more betrayal, and then she'd be reunited with him. It might cost the others' lives, but in her eyes it was worth it. If she could live with the guilt, of course. "Soon we'll be reunited again, Flynn. And then I won't have to do this anymore, and then we can just do what we want." she said to the picture on the wall. She could hear him answer deep down. 'I'm excited to see you again.' he would've said. Well, a year ago.

She got up and wrote a returning letter to them, and gave it to the owl. It flew off quickly, and Felicia found herself staring outside for a bit. She had to do this, didn't she? If she didn't, they'd kill Flynn. But if she did, they'd kill Albus, Quinn, Tyler, Rose, Luke, and the rest of the Weasley/Potters. That might not be worth it, right? Maybe she could still save them. But what about Flynn? He couldn't die. There was no way she'd let him die, could she? Besides, the owl was gone already, she'd made a promise. Why was her life so hard? Why did she have to do this? Why couldn't Quinn just do this?

She paced through her room when her mother came in. "Honey? Are you okay with going out for dinner? If you want we can go to the little restaurant we'd seen on the way here!" she said, and Felicia nodded. Her mother didn't even know what Felicia was doing. If she knew, she'd try to stop her. Anyone would, really. She grabbed her bag and walked downstairs. When she saw Geoffroi grab his coat she rolled her eyes. Seriously, when would her mother stop dating these strange people. He didn't look like the kind of guy she'd like, but then again, she did go out with her father, and he was a menace, really.

***

Felicia didn't like Geoffroi at all. Not one single bit. He spoke French only, and for some reason her mother could speak it as well. Felicia figured it was magic. Her mother always had had a thing for men who could speak a different language, except for her father, who spoke English alone. Her mother's previous one was half arabic.

"Alors, ma cherie, quelle école vais-tu?" He asked, and Felicia raised an eyebrow.

"He means to ask you which school you go to, honey." her mother said, and Felicia nodded.

"I go to Beauxbatons." she said, and he raised his eyebrow. Great, another Muggle. "It's a boarding school near Cannes." Felicia added, and Geoffroi nodded. He continued talking to her mother and ignored Felicia for the rest of the evening, to her joy.

***

Can I just say that I already know you are all very happy that Felicia is in France and away from Albus? Also, yes, she is a little evil, and no, I will not tell you who Flynn is.

I will, however, ask any other question. Please comment, and give any ideas you want.

Love,

Florence