I'll Always Be Here

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

It certainly felt like it's been at least three years since the nurses and the doctors rolled Ethan away to God knows where. Everyone was now here again, including Nate. Bumblebee wasted no time in contacting everyone after the incident happened. We were all waiting in the waiting room just like we were the day of the car accident. The only thing different about it was the people present. Like I established, Adalyn and the twins were gone, as well as Mikaela and Leo. Jessica's family was with her down on the fourth floor attempting to console her. It was just me, Nate, Sam, Carly, my parents, and the rest of the Autobots.

I was actually now more worried than I was the first day we were all here. Ethan had apparently suffered from a major brain hemorrhage due to the severity of his concussion, so they took him in for surgery right away to see if they could stop the hemorrhage from doing any kind of permanent damage. The doctor told us that this was a very rare case and then proceeded to inform us that he "wasn't pessimistic" as he made sure to specify at least a week ago. Given the fact that it's been at least five hours since he's last spoken to any of us, I assumed things weren't going very well and that scared me to death. If I knew anything about the human brain, I knew that bleeding on the brain was never good. Most cases resulted in death, but I had faith that he could recover. He just had to or I wouldn't know what to do.

Just the thought of losing my best friend scared me to death. He was the only other person besides Nate and my parents that knew more about me than I knew myself and he was also one of the very few humans I could actually tolerate. I grew up with him, and sixteen years was a lot of years when it came to being friends with someone; I mean, just look at my mom, Sam, Carly, Adalyn, Mikaela, and Leo. We were family and I don't think I'd be able to handle it if someone from my family was taken away from me. It's almost happened once and I just don't think I could handle it if it actually did happen a second time.

I was getting rather impatient just sitting here though. It was giving me a very uncomfortable sense of deja vu, and if I didn't know any better I'd swear that the doctors in this hospital try to do their best to make sure the patients' families are left in a state of worry and fear. This is exactly what happened when my mom was here and also what happened the day of the accident. I swear if I ever had to come back here--and I hoped that I never did--I was definitely going to fight someone if they pulled this shit. If Ratchet was taking care of Ethan then this whole waiting thing wouldn't even be a problem. He'd use his special Cybertronian healing remedies on Ethan and he'd be back to normal in no time. I much prefer that latter rather than sit here and wait for them to finish what they aren't even doing.

"It'd be nice if they would hurry up and tell us what the hell is going on," I growled. The room was absolutely quiet, so there was no doubt that every last person in here heard it.

"Kaelyn," my dad warned.

"No! If Ratchet were taking care of him this wouldn't be happening," I remarked.

"Kaelyn, human doctors have completely different--and sometimes longer--remedies for curing people. You forget we're not as advanced as you are," my mom tried to tell me.

I rolled my eyes at her. This entire situation was not only making me upset, but it was also making me very, very angry. I should NOT have to wait this long to find out what was wrong with Ethan.

"Well, you should be. It's two-thousand-twenty-nine, not two-thousand-fifteen. I expect more out of all of you," I retorted.

Sideswipe laughed at my statement while everyone else remained quiet. I was now confused as to why he was even here in the first place. I'm sure he had better things to do than sit here in a hospital with a bunch of mopey human beings. I wasn't going to question him about it though. If I did it would end in the two of us arguing and I didn't really have time for him anyway.