Unexpected

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

I was very rudely woken up by two loud voices echoing throughout the entire fucking house, both of which I hoped I wouldn't have to hear for a long, long time. My obnoxious little cousins Noah and Emma were back, so I could only assume that Adalyn was here as well. I was told that she would be coming back up here in a month though. It most certainly did not feel like a month to me, but I guess time flew by when you were having both the best and worst time of your life.

With a sigh I got out of bed. My bedside clock indicated that it was about almost noon, so I should still be sleeping. I could not fathom that enough. I walked over to my closet and got out a pair of leggings and a loose v-neck shirt; I highly doubted I would be going anywhere today, except with dad to get my phone. After taking a quick shower I changed. I left my hair down to dry and hurried down the stairs. Emma and Noah were in the living room doing some weird shit, so I decided to ignore them and head into the kitchen where I assumed the adults to be.

"Are you sure?" I heard Adalyn say as I stepped into the kitchen.

"I've never been more sure about something in my life," my mom replied. It was then that I noticed my dad wasn't in the kitchen, yet he was nowhere else in the house. Where was he?

Adalyn was just about to respond when she noticed me walking into the kitchen. She looked away from my mom and smiled, and my mom turned around in her seat to smile at me.

"Hi, Kaelyn," Adalyn greeted me.

I gave the two of them a skeptical look and walked over to the fridge. "Am I interrupting something? And where's dad?"

"Uh, he went to go get you your phone," my mom told me, completely disregarding my first question.

I grabbed a Coke out of the fridge and walked over to sit with them at the table. "So, I'm not interrupting anything?"

She scratched the back of her head. "No?"

All I did in response was raise my eyebrows.

"So, you haven't told her yet?" Adalyn said to my mom.

I raised a brow and opened up my soda. "Tell me what?"

My mom groaned and put her head in her hands. "No, I have not."

"Tell me before I start yelling," I instructed her, lifting the bottle of soda to my mouth.

Adalyn chuckled. "Tell her or I will."

My mom took a deep breath before looking me dead in the eye. "I'm pregnant."

Just as I was about to swallow I literally choked on my drink. I stood up and began coughing, letting the trapped beverage make its way out of my esophagus and onto the floor. That was definitely not what I had been expecting her to tell me.

"Maybe I should have waited until you finished to tell you," my mom mused.

I gave her a look. "'Ya think?"

"Just please don't tell your dad," she told me, a frown on her face.

"Okay, but why not?"

"I don't know. We had a talk some time ago. He told me he was perfectly fine with just you, and that he didn't want the stress of taking care of yet another techno-organic baby," she answered sadly.

Realization soon dawned on me. "Is this why you've been so upset?"

"Yeah."

"But are you sure that you even are pregnant?"

She nodded. "I went to see Ratchet yesterday and he confirmed it. Nobody knows except for him and you two."

I groaned and put my head down on the table. "This is so crazy! Another child? That disgusts me."

My mom and Adalyn laughed at me.

"Good luck trying to find a babysitter, because I refuse," I remarked.

My mom was about to open her mouth to respond when my dad walked through the kitchen door. I clamped my mouth shut immediately, as did my mom and Adalyn. He stopped when he took in our quietness and gave us rather skeptical looks.

"Is everything okay in here?" he asked.

"Never better. I need to go do the laundry," my mom answered quickly before running out of the kitchen. That liar; she did the laundry yesterday.

My dad gave Adalyn a questioning look, but she just shrugged and took a sip of whatever it was in her mug. He shook his head and pulled something out of his pocket before sliding it over to me. I caught it before it had the chance to fly off the table and noticed that it was a brand new iPhone.

"It's already been activated as well. I made the mistake of activating your old number, because it hasn't stopped vibrating in twenty three minutes," he grunted.

I laughed and unlocked the phone. Dozens of messages from Ethan, Nathan, and even Bumblebee were showing up. He must have transferred my contacts as well, but I wasn't exactly sure how considering he crushed my old phone to oblivion.

"Thank you, daddy," I said happily.

He just grunted in response before walking back out of the kitchen, Adalyn following closely behind him. I assumed they were going to find my bitch ass liar of a mother, but oh well. I couldn't be bothered by it. Instead, I decided to go through these messages. There were more from Nate than anyone else, so looking at his were my main priority at the moment. They were all pretty basic, ranging to "Hey, beautiful." to "Kay, why aren't you talking to me? Did I do something wrong?", and the most recent one being "Kay, please talk to me. I need you to talk to me.". It was sent about ten minutes ago and I was beginning to feel bad, so I decided to shoot him a text. Just as I was about to start typing, though, the phone started ringing. It was Nate.

"Hello?" I answered almost immediately.

"Kaelyn? I have been trying to get a hold of you for the past two days," he exclaimed. It almost sounded as if he were crying.

"I know. I'm sorry. I got in trouble and got my phone taken. I just got it back today," I half lied. I was definitely not telling him the real reason why I got my phone taken. It hurt me enough just thinking about it, and I knew it'd upset him if I told him.

"I don't care. It's okay. I just need you," he said into the speaker. He was definitely crying.

"Nathan, what's wrong?" I asked him. I was now very worried about him.

"I'm coming over," was the only thing he said before the line went dead.