Confession

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

School was the one thing I wish my dad would have grounded me from, but when I thought about the fact that I would be seeing Nate I was rather glad he hadn't. Just thinking of Nate made me think back to last night's dinner and how extremely crazy it got after we ate. My dad just wouldn't stop that night, and I was pretty sure he was just trying to bait me. One day he was going to get a good punch to his synthetic little face.

Currently I was working on getting ready for school. I always hated this in the mornings, especially on Mondays. I just had no motivation to do anything at all today, and if I had the choice I would probably be in bed sleeping right now. My outfit for the day consisted of a sleeveless white shirt from Hollister, a jean vest, black skinny jeans, and my brown combat boots. Like normal my hair was left straight, and my makeup was done naturally. Looking in the mirror made me realize just how badly I wanted this retched cast off of my arm. It looked absolutely horrible with my outfit and all I wanted was to rip it off. Only another week until I was finally free of it.

I grabbed my phone, my purse, and my book bag before heading out of my room and down the stairs. I hurried into the kitchen to get my breakfast, but stopped when I saw my mom sitting at the table with a mug clutched tightly in her hand. She should be at work instead of sitting at our kitchen table.

"Mom? Why aren't you at work?" I asked as I sat down in front of her.

She looked up at me and I made a face. She looked absolutely horrible which is a major transition from last night. Her skin was pale, her eyes were a dull blue in comparison to her normal bright blue ones, and she had purple bags under her eyes. If this wasn't sick then I don't know what was.

"I called in sick. I feel like shit," she whispered, taking a sip of her tea. I assumed it was tea. I highly doubted she would be drinking coffee in this state. It would probably just make her feel much worse than she already did.

"What exactly is wrong with you?" I asked her.

She shrugged. "I have no clue. I just feel weird, different. My head hurts, I feel like I can't breathe properly, and I'm having really weird chest pains."

"Does dad know?"

"He knows what I want him to know which is that I have a cold. I know I should tell him that's not the case, but he's a worry wart. He'll try to make it something it's not just because," she answered. I nodded in understanding but then realized that dad wasn't even here.

"Where is dad even at?"

"He went to get me some medicine. He should be back before you have to leave," she informed me.

As if on cue the front door slammed shut and in seconds my father's holoform was standing in the kitchen. He sat a bottle of pills down beside my mom and she mumbled a thank you before taking another sip of her drink. My dad looked over at me.

"Are you ready to go?" he asked me.

I nodded and headed over to the door, but stopped when my mom's child-like voice sounded behind me.

"Are you really not going to say goodbye to the woman who gave birth to you?" she whined. I turned around to see that she was now standing up beside my dad with a pout on her face. I chuckled and walked over to her, wrapping her small body in a hug.

"Goodbye, mom. I love you," I told her before pulling away.

"I love you, loser. And I even happen to love you," she laughed, turning towards my dad. He smiled and pulled her to him, wrapping his arms around her protectively.