New Kid

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

The weekend went by pretty fast, just like it normally did. I spent my Sunday out in the shooting range my mom had set up when she first bought the house. There was really nothing else for me to do except sit inside and deal with those children, and I definitely didn't ant that. If only I actually had real friends besides the Autobots and Ethan; maybe then I could actually get out and do something.

At the moment I was laying in bed. I shouldn't be considering it was 6:30 in the morning and I had to be at school by 7:30, but I didn't care. I didn't want to go in the first place. Maybe if I just laid here no one would notice.

"Kaelyn..."

And I was wrong.

I groaned and looked at my dad who was leaning against the door frame. He was looking at me with an amused expression on his face; he sure did enjoy laughing at me.

"Can I please skip today?" I asked hopefully. He shook his head and I rolled over, burying myself into my comforter.

"I suggest you get up before I get you up myself," he threatened.

I let out an exasperated sigh and sat up. If anyone knew my dad they would know that he was not afraid to use force. I might have been his daughter, but he didn't care. My mom has even told me a few stories about how he so rudely woke her up in the mornings for school. He's literally yanked me out of bed at least seven times this entire school year, and I was not in the mood for it to happen again.

"I'm up," I grumbled.

He gave me a smug smirk before walking back out of my room.

I got up and walked over to my closet to pick out something to wear for the day. After about five minutes of rummaging through my closet, I settled on a loose white shirt, my olive colored cargo jacket, a pair of black skinny jeans, a rust colored infinity scarf, and my brown combat boots. I changed quickly before moving on to do my hair and my makeup. I put on a bit of foundation and a couple of layers of mascara before moving on; I didn't like wearing a lot of makeup, and I honestly didn't understand how girls could handle having all of that scrap suffocating their face. I left my long, dark hair straight like I normally did. I wasn't exactly in any mood this morning to attempt to curl it or put it up.

It was still rather strange to me how I looked nothing like my mom though. I shared a few of her features, like the shape of her face, her eyebrows, her smile, and her cute little dimples, but other than that I looked like my father's holoform. It was weird. I shared his bright blue eyes, hair color, hair texture, and everything else. Let's just say that Uncle Ratchet is one talented medic.

I grabbed my phone off of my bedside table and shoved it into my coat pocket before heading out of the room. The smell of bacon and maple syrup filled my nostrils, and I hurried into the kitchen. My dad and Adalyn were sitting down at the table. My mom must have already been at work.

"Good morning, my wonderful family," I greeted the two.

My dad had a plate of food in front of him, but pushed it to the side. I assumed this was my breakfast, so I sat down and began eating right away.

"Slow down before you choke," he scolded me.

I glared at him before eating my food slower.

"So, Kaelyn. How have you been? We haven't had a proper conversation yet," Adalyn chuckled.

I swallowed my food before answering her. "I'm good, I guess. How are you?"

"I've been better."