21. Clara's Letter

(This is an AU. Clara had written a letter to the Doctor -the eleventh one- after he regenerated into Twelve. Remember to vote and comment if this gave you feels.)

'Dear Doctor,

I can pretend I don't need you, but I'll just be left with an empty heart. I can pretend I don't love you, but I'll be lying to myself. I can pretend that I don't miss you, but every night I cry myself to sleep. If only you knew that.

Nothing hurts more than realising that you meant everything to me - but I never meant anything to you. That may have been the case, but I will never forget how you made me feel like everything. Don't worry about me. I'll be here, waiting for the day that you lift me in your arms and carry me away. If I had to choose between loving you and breathing, I'd use my last breath to say I love you.

The new you is definitely different. He's grumpy and old. Don't get me wrong, I still love him just as much as you, but it's not the same. You may be the same Time-Lord, but you're two totally different people...he's not the man I fell in love with.

I asked you once if you dreamed. You dream of where you're going. But me?

You were my dream.

All my love,

Clara.'

(This one is Eleven's letter BEFORE he regenerated.)

'My dearest Clara,

My life was nothing but darkness. For so many years, I lived in darkness and depression up on a little cloud. When I lost the Ponds I lost myself. But you, you helped me find happiness. You made me find myself again. Your bright smile, your sparkling eyes, everything. I'm so sorry for leaving you - all I want is for you to be happy. And to be happy is to be with someone you love, someone that can give you what you deserve. You don't deserve a lonely old monster like me, Clara. Like the fairytale says, who could ever love a beast?

I told you that I dreamt of where I was going, but that was never the case. All I dreamt of was you. Every day I'd fall asleep only to see you, in all your beauty.

I love you, Clara. I'm sorry.

The Doctor.'

(BWEHJEHEHEHEHWRB I'M EVIL AREN'T I)