13. Lullaby

(A/N- Listen to the cover of the song 'Latch' by Natalie Taylor whilst reading, it really makes the drabble cuter. Siriusly, go do it. IT'S SO MUCH BETTER WITH THE SONG ♥)

Clara was terrified about travelling in the TARDIS whilst she was pregnant. For all she knew, it could have some serious effects on her unborn baby, but the fear dulled down a bit after the Doctor explained that the baby would be half Time-Lord (which Clara argued that their baby was a Time-Lady) anyway. But the thought of having a baby with two heads or weird, slimy suckers still brewed at the bottom of her thoughts.

Clara felt sick at the thought of giving birth in a human hospital back home, in case people would experiment on her baby. The Doctor argued that they couldn't give birth on a different planet either, as they might try and steal their daughter, considering the fact she was part Gallifreyan. So, with help from one of the Doctor's old companions, Martha Jones, Clara gave birth to her baby on the TARDIS.

Relief rushed through Clara when she discovered Ella looked perfectly normal. Yes she did happen to have two hearts, but what did she expect? She also inherited a few other features of her father as well, like his eyes and adorable smile. According to the Doctor, she'd also inherited the ability of pulling off a bow tie, which Clara had rolled her eyes at, because there was no way in this Universe would their baby be wearing bow ties, before the Doctor smartly retorted that there was a way in a parallel universe. Thankfully, the baby didn't inherit his ears or chin, and she had Clara's 'funny' nose. Clara reached into the mahogany cot bed and stroked her 4 month old daughters dark brown curls of hair.

"Rock-a-bye baby, on the tree top, when the wind blows, the cradle will rock." She sang softly, twirling locks of hair around her fingers in an attempt to soothe the baby.

"I've never understood why human's try and soothe babies and lull them to sleep by telling them they're going to fall out of a tree." The Doctor said in a confused manner, walking into the room only lit by a dim lamp.

Clara shrugged without even taking her eyes off of her offspring. "Neither do I. My dad used to sing it to me when I was younger."

"Don't you know any other lullabies?" The Doctor asked, coming up behind Clara and placing his hands on her shoulders to peer down at the baby.

"No. Unless you want me to start singing take me to church ."

The Doctor turned Clara's face to him with his index finger and stared into her eyes. "I could try, if you like. Besides, you need sleep." He placed a small, soft kiss on her forehead.

"No, no. I'll be fine-"

Just then, Ella started to whimper. And then cry. Clara groaned.

"Go. I'll take care of it."

Clara hugged him tightly, kissing him gently on the lips and then running off to shower and then change into a nightie.

When she'd finished, she returned to the doorway Ella's room to check on the Doctor. He was rocking softly in the mahogany rocking chair (that matched the cot) with his daughter securely in his arms, staring down at her lovingly and singing.

"Hush little baby, stay where you are, dadda's gonna show you all of the stars."

Clara smiled. He was an amazing father.

After a few minutes, Ella started to whimper again. Clara went to walk in to deal with it before she heard the Doctor speak.

"Hush, hush, it's okay." He cooed. He kissed her forehead gently and started singing again, but this time it was different. The words rolled off his tongue perfectly, it sounded mesmerising, it sounded sweet. If there was a definition for one of the most hard to explain yet wonderful things, this was it. It was in a language that Clara had never heard, yet she felt faint déjà vu. Then she remembered, sitting on the soft, luscious red grass and looking at the silver sparkling trees contrasting with the orange sky.

She remembered it from one of her echoes.

And she understood every word he was saying.

'You will always be my baby girl,

Never could I ever dream of letting you go,

You are forever my child.

I would crush mountains and tear universes apart to keep you by my side.

No boundaries could stop me, no prison could hold me.

No word could describe how much I love you, nor will it ever.

I will always keep you safe,

My precious little girl.'

A tear rolled down her cheek. When the Doctor had finished his song, he placed another kiss on the baby's forehead and then placed her in the crib, stroking her head softly and making his way outside.

He saw Clara crying and immediately rushed to her, placing a kiss on her temple.

"What's wrong?" He whispered, hugging her tightly to his chest.

Clara just smiled. "I love you so much."

(A/N Yeah, my stories are awful, aren't they? I think the songs make them a tiny bit better, but even then the stories are still awfully written :( I cri evrytiem)