12. Movies

Clara grabbed the bowl of popcorn and made her way over to the couch where the Doctor was in his TARDIS blue pyjamas. She sat on the other end of the couch, her feet tucked up close to her and a blanket covering her. She was wearing a short, lace, white nightie with thin straps, so she felt slightly cold.

"So, what're we watching?" The Doctor yawned, his arm stretching across to Clara to grab a piece of popcorn.

"I don't know. I'm going to look on the guide to see."

"Hurry up!" The Doctor whined like an impatient child.

After a few minutes, she had found the perfect film. "Aha!"

The Doctor looked confused and popped another piece of popcorn in his mouth. "What is it?"

"The Fault In Our Stars! What'd you reckon?" She smiled, turning to look at him

"It looks boring."

Clara looked very offended. "It is not boring!" She proceeded to click a button on the remote and the movie started playing.

'I believe we have a choice in this world about how to tell sad stories. On the one hand, you can sugarcoat it. Nothing is too messed up that can't be fixed with a Peter Gabriel song. I like that version as much as the next girl does. It's just not the truth. This is the truth.'

Clara found it cute when Gus told Hazel that she was beautiful. She longed for attention like that from the Doctor. Then, the part when they travelled to Amsterdam to meet Van Houten. It went on to the sex scene, and Clara giggled when the Doctor covered his eyes.

When Gus told Hazel he was dying, Clara started crying. At first it was just a trickle of tears, but when it reach his pre-funeral, and Hazel gave her speech, the tears were falling like water from a tap. The Doctor shuffled closer to Clara, and Clara shuffled closer to the Doctor, until they were practically joined. Their legs were tangled, and the Doctor was stroking Clara's hair, kissing her temple and crying with her.

Then it got to Augustus' letter. By now they were both crying like babies.

'Okay, Hazel-Grace?'

'Okay.'

The movie ended and the Doctor switched on the lights. Clara sat up and went to walk off to find a tissue, she didn't want the Doctor to see her with makeup running down her face in the light, but she felt someone tug her hand back causing her to fall. She landed straight onto the Doctor's lap.

"What is it?" She snivelled.

He looked into her tearful eyes and placed a sweet kiss on her lips.

"So many people take so much for granted. This film has made me realise that tragedy could strike any where, and I know how much it hurts to lose someone that didn't know how much I loved them. I love you, Clara Oswald."

Clara smiled through her tears. "I love you, too."

He kissed her again this time, harder but slower. They kissed like this for a few minutes until Clara remembered the position they were in.

"Doctor?" She asked, parting their lips.

"What?"

Clara looked down at herself on his lap in a short nightie and the Doctor blushed when he realised.

"Oh."

Clara could only smile. "Let's take this upstairs."

(A/N - MY STORIES ARE SOOOOO RUBBISH I CAN'T EVEN MAKE A GOOD DRABBLE WTH)