15. Wide Awake

(Before you begin reading, *assuming you're on a computer*, go open another tab and go to YouTube. Listen to the song 'All I Want' by Kodaline. Then, try not to cry.)

Her soft, silky brown hair was tied up in a braided bun, with a few loose strands framing her beautiful face, whilst her makeup was simple and natural, with just pale concealer, eyeliner, a smidgen of eyeshadow and a layer of peach-coloured, shiny lipgloss on her perfect lips. Her beautiful dress was long and clung to her figure for dear life, the silky ivory fabric complementing every curve and contour perfectly. The longs sleeves were transparent and lace, and her ears were studded with pearl earrings. Her brown eyes sparkled and peered out from under the veil as she thought of her soon-to-be husband, waiting in the church.

Clara Oswald was getting married.

To the Doctor.

The Doctor, on the other hand, was wearing a tux with a black bow tie. He told Clara that they'd get married the human way, and then after their honeymoon, they'd do it the way Time-Lords and Ladys did. Then they would be official.

He couldn't help but the mirror her smile as she walked down the aisle. The Doctor was beaming with pride. This beautiful bride, the one that every man wanted and every woman envied, was his beautiful bride. She took his place beside him, staring at him with her entrancing doe eyes.

Then the ceremony began.

The priest cleared his throat. "Do you, Clara Oswald, take John Smith to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part?"

"I do." Clara whispered, a tear rolling down her cheek as she smiled.

"Now, John, you have asked to make your own vows, am I correct? Please, tell us all." The Priest smiled.

"I, John Smith, take you, Clara Oswald, to be my lawfully wedded wife, my constant friend, my faithful partner and the love of my life from this day forward. I promise to cry with you, to laugh with you, to support you in every possible way I can. I promise to be your partner in sickness and health, in sorrow and joy." The Doctor placed his hand on her cheek and stroked it gently with his thumb, peering into her eyes. "I promise to show you galaxies, universes, anything you desire. I promise to show you the stars."

"How lovely. Now, if there are any objections to this union, say now, or forever hold your peace."

The room was silent.

"Then, without further ado, you may now kiss the bride."

The Doctor leaned in closely, as did Clara. Their lips were millimetres apart...

Then he woke up.

He turned around onto his side. The space beside him in the bed was cold and empty, the only remenant of someone being there was merely a picture on the nightstand of the beautiful 'bride' smiling, her eyes sparkling. The Doctor cried. He sobbed harder than he ever had in his life.

It was only a dream. Clara Oswald was dead.

(A/N- SUPRISE FEELS ATTACK MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)