6. Wallet

It was 6:10 AM. Clara sat up in her bed, pushing her messy hair out of her face and yawning. She picked up her phone and tapped out a message to her boyfriend; the Doctor

Clara, 6:13 AM: Morning ;) xx'

She lifted her legs off the edge of her bed and walked over to the bathroom to shower. After showering, she ran a brush through her hair and arranged it into a messy ponytail and applied a tiny amount of makeup. By the time she had emerged from the bathroom, she had received a message back.

Doctor, 6: 15 AM: 'Good Morning xoxoxox I love you xoxoxox'

Clara rolled her eyes. He was so cheesy, but she loved the way he cared so much about her.

Clara, 6:26 AM: 'I love you too xx What're up to?'  She tapped back. Her reply came almost immediately.

Doctor, 6:26 AM: 'Looking around town for my wallet xoxox'

She couldn't believe he was so stupid. She quickly explained that she would come and help him find it before making her way downstairs to the kitchen to make herself a coffee. As soon as she entered, she found a leather item on the kitchen table.

The Doctor's wallet.

"Silly beggar," She laughed to herself. She couldn't help but wonder why he was so desperate to find it, though. Picking up the wallet, she quickly opened it to see why. It was wrong to snoop, but she was desperate to know.

There was nothing in it. No money, no credit cards, not a single penny. The only thing in it was a picture of her and a note she had written him in year 8:

"Dear Doctor,

I feel like an absolute fool for writing this, but I guess I'm too shy to say it face to face. I really like you. I like you more than a friend. In fact, I think that I love you. I hope you like me too.

Love, Clara xxxxxxxxx"

Clara smiled to herself and placed the items back in the wallet before picking up her phone and texting the Doctor.

Clara, 6:29 AM: 'I found the wallet, you cheesy git xxxx I love you so much xxx'

TALES OF WHOUFFLEOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara