16. Explosion

Before I start, I just want to say thank you, thank you, thank you for 1.1k reads! I've never been so happy :) I love all all :) To reward all my loyal readers, I've typed up quite a long chapter. Enjoy!

"Jafaris Caligus! Not a very industrial planet, if I'm honest, they're big on the environment here. No cars, no roads. Just this!" The Doctor annouced, opening his arms out wide and introducing Clara to the planet Jafaris Caligus. It was huge, but beautiful, with vast fields of lilac grass and a deep blue sky like crushed velvet. The trees had pitch black leaves that swayed in the breeze like graceful feathers, the bark a shining silver.

"It's- beautiful..." Clara gasped in awe. It was amazing. "But when is it daytime?"

"This is daytime. It's the funny thing about Jafaris Caligus," He explained. "You see, the atmosphere around the planet makes the sky this colour, the way your skies are blue. At night, the flowers and trees release a non-toxic gas that reacts with the atmosphere of the planet."

"What happens then?" Clara asked.

"Spoilers." The Doctor grinned, rushing off up a hill in the direction of some taller trees.

"Doctor! Wait for me!" She yelled, trying to catch up with him. By the time she was near the bottom of the hill, he was already at the top gazing at the strange sight in front of him.

"What? This isn't right!" Clara was confused as to why he was complaining when she saw it. A huge bar. A huge space bar, with flashing neon lights and many orange people in skimpy skirts and leather bras.

"Doctor, I thought you said this wasn't an industrial planet."

"That's the thing. It isn't an industrial planet. It's practically famous for it's environmentally friendly ways."

He wandered off to an orange skinned alien of some sort, with long, platinum blonde hair and yellow eyes. Clara guessed it was a girl. When the orange creature spotted the Doctor, she snarled slightly before faking a smile. She reminded Clara of one of those fake girls she used to go to school with, the ones that acted as if they were perfect.

"Excuse me, but could you tell me where exactly are we?"

The alien chuckled. "Dear Mokk, man, where have you been these past few years? Everyone knows this place!"

"Bit of a hermit. Same with my friend over there, Clara. Hermits United. We meet up every 10 years and talk about caves. Quite fun, for a hermit." He clarified, remembering the last time he'd said that to someone. God he missed Martha during times like this.

The alien smiled seductively when she spotted his beautiful female companion, winking at Clara. "And this friend of yours, is she single?"

"Never mind that. Where are we and what year is it?"

"My dear good fellow, you are in the great city Okiulus!" The alien confirmed. "I believe it to be the year of Mokk 4075. Now, since we've chatted for a bit, allow me to introduce myself. I am Keirdara Rafolla of the great Mundranes." The words rolled off her tongue wonderfully, like a nightingale.

"Sorry if this is a bit- personal - but are you male or female?" Clara interjected, entranced by Keirdara. She didn't know why she suddenly was infatuated with her.

"I am female, obviously. Honestly, you are strange people!" Keirdara giggled, taking Clara by the hand. "Come, let me show you my home."

Clara agreed, following Keirdara. The Doctor grumbled, following behind.

TALES OF WHOUFFLEजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें