Casha

"Baby." "Huh?" "Wake up... I got breakfast." "It's morning already?" I mumble. "Yes now wake up, I got a surprise you'll love." I turn over. "Ughhh Malik it's six in the morning." "I know come on." I lean up and get out the bed. "Babyyyyy." "Come on Cay." We walk into the living room. His mother and my grandmother are sitting in there. "Why y'all up so early?" "Girl why aren't you up?" Grandma Sinclair asks.

"It's 6 in the morning grandma.... Good morning Ms Johnson." "Good morning Cay." I look at Malik. We go sit down at the table. He had breakfast laid all the way out. My stomach started growling. I sit down, Ms Johnson prays over the food and we start eating. Malik passes me a small box. "What- what is this?" My heart is about to pop out my chest. "Well open it girl and see." Grandma Sinclair says. I was scared to open it. I go to open it and it's some earrings.

A feeling of relief comes over me. "These are beautiful... Thank you baby." I kiss Malik cheek. "Your welcome baby... I checked the mail yesterday something came for you." He says passing me an envelope. It was a letter from my law school. I open it. "What does it say?" I smile. "I'm accepted!" "I'm proud of you baby." "Thank you." "Good job Cay." Grandma says. I was glad for everything but why are we doing all this at 6 in the morning. We finish eating. "You talked to your cousin Cay." "Yes ma'am a few days ago."

"Okay, good... When she bringing gabby to see me again?" "I don't know Grandma you gotta ask her. She coming over here today." "What about my Jayden?" "You staying over here?" "Might as well, that's the only way ima see my grands." I laugh, "Okay... I'll get Jr to bring him over." "Alright." "Baby I'm about to drop mama off." Malik says coming into the living room. "Alright baby... Bye Ms. Johnson." "Bye Cay. I'm proud of you girl." "Thank you." They leave out.

"What's going on with you and Jr?" "Not much grandma same o same." "You know that's who you need to be with.... It's something off about Malik. I don't like the vibe I get from him." "Grandma me and Jr aren't ready to be a couple again." "How you know?" "Still both have some growing to do." "You can grow together." "I know grandma." "What you scared of Cay?" "Giving my all and it end up being not enough." "It is enough baby. I think you and Jr belong together. He still loves you baby. That break up was irrational thinking."

"I know he still loves me, he tells me every chance he gets, I still love him too but I have love for Malik too." She rolls her eyes, "Girl that's what you call a rebound." "Grandma Malik isn't a rebound." "What you call it?" "Being there." "Uhm mhm." I laugh, this lady is a trip. My phone vibrates, it's Jr. "Hello?" "What you doing Cay?" "Talking to my grandma. You wanna bring Jayden over?" "Sure, tell my grandma I said hey." "That's my grandma." "She like me more tho." I laugh, "Whatever Jr." "Alright we'll be over in a few.. I love you." "Okay Jr." ..... "Okay Jr that's all you have to say?" I laugh, "Huh?" "Cay." "I love you too Jr." "That's what I thought." "Bye boy." "See you in a few." "Okay." We hang up. "See what I mean lil girl..." "What grandma?" "You and Jr." "I know."

"Your interaction with each other has never changed except when y'all mad and all that other stuff." I sit and marinate on that. She is right, nothing has changed except Jr isn't as childish and rather than it being me apologizing first, it's him. So overall there has been a positive change in Jr. "Your right grandma." "So stop stalling time and ditch the only guy." I laugh, "Grandma your a trip."

It's a knock , I open it. "What's up?" Jr says hugging me into the wall. "Stop showing out in front of grandma." I whisper. "Nope." Jayden runs over to my legs. I look at Jr. "Can you backup?" I ask. He licks his lips and move back. I pick up Jayden. I go to walk over to Grandma, who is watching our ever move. I feel Jr hand go across my ass. I turn around and he smiles. "Hey baby!" Grandma Sinclair says grabbing Jayden.

"I saw all that Casha." She whispers. "That was all Jr grandma." "Uhm mhm." "Hey Grandma." Jr says hugging her and kisses her on the cheek. "Hey Jr... I was just talking about you and my granddaughter." Oh lord, why is she talking to him about this. I text Taty, :Come get your grandma: Taty: Lol, why?: :She doing too much... She wanna see Gabby too: Taty: oh lord, lol what she talking about , and I'm getting her dressed now.: :Me and Jr, and alright cool.: Taty: Ohhhh.: I put my phone up and Jr sits next to me.