Chapter 27

Sonia's POV

James hadn't uttered a word since we got into the car. I should of punched that girl in the face for choosing a guy over her mate.

James sighed, and crumbled up a piece of paper and threw it in the backseat. "She gave me her number at the mall," he muttered.

I grabbed the paper he tossed and shoved it in my pocket. "Make her jealous," I said.

"How can I make her jealous if she loves another guy," he forced out.

"Your her mate she'll be jealous if you touch another woman," I said.

"We can try," he said and made a U-turn.

"She might not be there she might of left.

We arrived at the place and we spotted her talking to her boyfriend. She hadn't noticed James scent so we just went to the store across from where they were.

It was an arcade room I listened deep into their conversation to try and hear what they were talking about. "We both knew this day was coming and you have to choose you mate," her boyfriend said.

I stopped listening and started back with the plan. "What should we play first," I asked.

He gave me a real smile like he wanted to enjoy the arcade. "Motorcycle racing," he said.

"Race you there," I said and took off. We spent a good ten minutes playing and we got out of the arcade. I sensed his mate staring at us, "that was the best date ever," I said and he wrapped his arm around me and kissed my forehead.

The kiss was friendly not like when we use to date.

JAMES POV

My mates scent was killing me, but it was changed cause she was hugging her boyfriend it made me sick.

"I'm going to be back and get some drinks would you like anything," I asked. "Sprite would be great," she smiled.

I left to go to the food court and got a drinks when I turned around to leave then I see Luke glaring at me.

I just stared at him,what does he want to do rub it in my face that my mate chose him over me.

I just walked away to get to the game room till he grabbed my arm, "Your one fucked up mate to have done that," he growled.

"I'm not messed up I'm the caring guy in the mall ask any woman except my mate she doesn't seem to want me so I have to move on," I barked.

"She doesn't deserve it," he said. "At least I didn't make out with her like she did me," I growled and clenched my fist from the memories.

"She was confused," he said.

"If confused means making out with another male when your know you mate is right there then I'll be confused also and see how she feels," I stated.

"She didn't know what to do," he tried to persuade.

"Well kissing another male doesn't make sense."

"Give her a chance we both knew this day was coming she just didn't know how to react, I told her when she did we need to end our relationship," he said.

"Apparently she didn't want that," I ground out through gritted teeth.

We walked back or as I would say he followed me. I marched up to Mia and towered over her. Her eyes we puffy and she was in pain I wanted nothin more than to wrap my arms around her and comfort her,but we needed to talk.

She looked up at me trying to find any emotions in my eyes,but I made myself cold and hollow.

"I want an answer right now do you want me or your boyfriend. I wanna know if I'm wasting my time hoping my mate will pick me because if you don't want me I will leave you alone and you can be happy with him.

But when he finds his mate don't come crying to me saying you have made a mistake because by then you've already lost me." I stated.

She looked at me with shock as to he couldn't believe I said it. Everything I said was like poison to me.

"Man don't be so harsh to her," Luke said.

"You act like you would chose Mia over your mate," I growled.

"I wouldn't I admit that because someone meant for me is out there and she is my the other half," he said.

"Just answer me Mia," I stated ignoring Luke now.

"Why don't you give her time," Luke said.

"Because just in one day I've gone through enough pain. So why should she get more time so she could cuddle with you in bed while I get pain even more," I stated.

I know my voice cracked and I didn't like it one bit. Sonia came next to me and put a hand on my shoulder signaling me to calm down.

I sighed and brought my hands to my face. If she doesn't want me I need to move on.

My chest clenched at the thought.

I could see Mia glaring at Sonia. I wrapped my arm around Sonia. "You have no right to be glaring at Sonia," I stated.

She sighed "Your right," she said.

Sonia scratched her shoulder and brought her phone to her hand to text Hunter.

"I don't know," she whispered. She then brought her eyes up to look at Sonia's neck and she gasped.

I gave her a confused look. I removed my arm from around Sonia and looked at my arm to see if something was wrong.

She started crying all over again. "What's wrong Mia," Luke said worriedly and sat next to her.

I growled not liking their close proximity. She whispered something ever so lightly into his ear.

"You damn prick," Luke yelled and tackled me to the ground. I froze not knowing how to react to what just happened.

Quickly regaining my composure I brought my fist to his face.

He was knocked off my and I got up angrily. "What in the world was that for," I yelled.

"You mad at her for making out with me and you already marked another women," he barked.

"I did no such thing mutt," I growled.

"How did Sonia over here get her mark then," He stated annoyed.

I forgot Sonia was marked by the Alpha. "If you looked at her mark you dipshit It's a mark from an Alpha not me," I yelled.

I ran towards him and tackled him to the ground and repeat overly punch his face. It was my wolf that was angry he hated Luke the minute he saw him kiss our mate.

I was pulled off of him with Sonia pinning me to the ground. "Your scaring her," she whispered in my ear.

I brought my attention to Mia and she was shaking. I stood up and Mia ran to my body and wrapped her arm my waist.

"I'm so sorry," she cried into my shirt.

I was happy she didn't run to Luke's side ,but Sonia did. She helped him up he had blood from a broken nose.