Chapter 18

HUNTERS P.O.V

"What do you mean she's escaped" I croaked out.

"We were guarding the corridor when max ran up to us saying that by the Luna's room on the balcony, he say sheets tied together long enough for her to jump out of." my beta told me.

"Why haven't you tracked down her scent" I asked. "We have out best trackers out there right now and they say they already have a trail" he explained.

I nodded my head and went into my office. "Call Layla to my office" I told my beta through mindlink.

No more than 5 minutes later she was thrown into my office. "Hey babe" she said as if she was innocent.

"From now on call me any of those names and you will be punished" I said blankly.

"Now straight to business" I said and I motioned for her to sit on the seat in front of my desk. She sat down quickly.

"Is this about me going to be luna of this pack" she said with hope on her eyes.

"No" I replied firmly.

"Today we actually lost my soon to be luna" I said. "And I that half of it is my fault but I know deep down I should of punished you a long time ago for even talking bad about your luna" I said and she looked shocked.

"She's your mate" she said softly then quickly turn to happiness.

"You rejected her oh my gosh I knew you always loved me" she said and started to jump around like a little kid who won a prize.

"Sit" I said in my alpha voice I was getting greatly irritated. There was a knock on the door. "Come in" I said.

Sonia's brother came in I had to tell him what was going on.

"How the hell did you just let my little sister leave the territory." he yelled at me. He then took a sniff of the air and his eyes darkened and looked towards Layla.

Either they were mates or he hated her as much as I did right now.

He quickly regained his composure and looked at her like he just won the lotto, but in real life she was the opposite.

"Who is this" he asked me. "A bad person who is also a cause of your sister running away." I stated and he look a little upset.

"May I have a description about her" he asked still looking at her.

"I sent Sonia to her room and I went to the kitchen and she threw herself at me and since Sonia was on heat my hormones were very high and it went downhill from there" I stated still getting mad about the fact.

"Is that true" Damian asked.

"No" Layla stated.

"Don't you dare lie to me" Damian said.

"Hunter is my boyfriend I'm allowed to screw him whenever I want his pathetic excuse of a mate isn't fit to be luna" she stated.

I growled at her calling my mate pathetic. "Know your place in my pack" I growled and gripped onto my desk.

I saw Damian chuckle I was truely confused. "All this time I thought I could get an amazing girl as my mate and I get stuck with a slut"he said and brought his hands to his face.

I looked at Layla and she looked broken it was truly sad to see someone get basically rejected I can't believe I put Sonia through that for even a second.

She has every right to not come back to my pack I marked her without permission for goodness sakes how stupid could I be.

I got out of my deep thought and looked up to see Damian and Layla yelling at each other. "Enough" I yelled in my Alpha tone.