Chapter 29

Chapter 30

Carl's POV

"LET US OUT. LET US FUCKING OUT!" I yelled, banging my fists against the locked door.

"PLEASE! JUST...PLEASE. I'LL DO ANYTHING BUT THAT. JUST LET ME OUT!" I cried. Once again, I hit my bleeding knuckles against the door, before sliding down it, collapsing onto my knees.

As a tear dribbled down my cheek, I quietly sobbed. "Please."

Flashback

"My mate? What are you talking about?" My mother seemed to find something humorous about my confusion. She laughed in reply.

"Didn't they teach you anything at school?"

I stared, perplexed.

"A mate...an intimate parter, with whom you reproduce." As I registered what she said, my eyes widened slowly, turning back to Harvey. "Look at the two of you. With your two gene types added together, you'd create the most beautiful children."

No. I thought. I have the most beautiful child. Fuck off.

"Wait...what? Me...him...se-"

I stopped as she nodded at me slowly, with a patronising smile on her face.

"No." I said, bluntly. Her smile disappeared.

"Excuse me?" She said, raising an eyebrow.

I turned to Harvey who looked at me nervously. I looked at him as if to say tell her. Respond. But he didn't.

"I. Said. No."

She laughed again. "When did I give you a choice?" I flashed a look towards Harvey again.

"So." My mum continued. "Seeing as you're being so stubborn, maybe you two should stay in here. Talk it through. You'll come to terms eventually."

She began walking towards the door, but I followed her, grabbing her sleeve. "I'm not staying in here. You can't make m-"

"Once again, Sophie," she grabbed my wrist, hard. "When did I give you a choice?"

Then, before Harvey or I could stop her, my mum closed the door and we heard a click. We were locked in.

I ran up to it and shook ferociously at the door handle, but it wouldn't budge.

"Come on, mum. Hey. HEY!"

"Sophie, stop!" Harvey said. I ignored him.

"LET US OUT. LET US FUCKING OUT!" I yelled, banging my fists against the locked door.

"PLEASE! JUST...PLEASE. I'LL DO ANYTHING BUT THAT. JUST LET ME OUT!" I cried. Once again, I hit my bleeding knuckles against the door, before sliding down it, collapsing onto my knees.