Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Carl's POV

I slowly woke up the sound of distant gunfire. I looked around slowly, and, although my vision was blurred, I could tell I was in the front of a plane.

My breathing got quicker when I realised where the gun shots were coming from.

Inside the airport.

I tried to pull myself up as quickly as I could, only to lose my balance and collapse back to the floor

I looked around at my hands, and saw that they were tied together with thick rope. "Fuck." I muttered, when I realised my straightback knife wasn't in my leg holster.

I pulled myself up again, slower this time, and leaned against the pilot chair. I blew a bit of hair out of my eye as I thought of what to do. I looked at the control panel to see if there was anything which would help me.

The steering stick had a loose screw by the bottom, and the ridges in the screw looked rusty and sharp. I walked closer and turned around, hooking the rope around the screw.

I began to move my arms up and down frantically, to try and tear the rope. "Come on come on come on" I said, as I moved faster. The tightness around my wrists relieved a little as the first part of the rope snapped.

I looked behind me to the rope and swung my wrists around so that the rope unravelled itself. It fell to the ground and I moved my hands in front of me.

I turned quickly and reached out to the handle of the door. I should have known it would be locked. Then I realised: The door has no lock- it must be barricaded.

I began kicking at it, as hard as I could, and I could hear whatever was barricading it from the other side rattling and moving around. "Fuck fuck fuck, come on!" I shouted at the door, like it would hear me.

Soon enough, the door opened slightly and I picked up my hat, before putting my hands around it to push it open further, so I could get through.

The plane was a mess; there were bullets all over the floor, and all of the overhead compartments were open, with supplies spilling out everywhere.

I ran to the back of the plane and filled my holster with another straight back knife, a Kongsberg hand-gun and a smaller knife, and then I slung a shotgun over my shoulder.

I put a few extra bullets in my pocket and ran out, kicking the plane's door shut.

Zach's POV

"Zach...Zach you need to help me. Please." Sophie said as she looked at me. I was totally stunned and completely unsure of what to do.

My trance was broken as she let out another scream and fell to the floor. I remember this when mom had Ryan. It was terrifying.

"Soph, what should I do?" I said, running over.

"I don't know..." She said, before screaming louder. Then, I heard a loud gunshot from outside, making my head turn.

"JUST FUCKING GET SOMEONE!" She yelled, making me jump.

"Uh...st...stay there for a second. I'll be right back, ok?" I said, shakily, before running out. I didn't have a clue as to where Carl would be, but that's who I knew Sophie wanted the most.

I looked back as I heard her scream again. The scream was followed by loud crying. Shit I thought to myself. My mind was in a fuzz and I didn't know who to go to.

I began looking for someone. Where was everyone? Then I heard more gunfire and loud shouting coming from the ground floor, below me.

What the hell is going on?