Chapter 12

(a/n: the picture is what I think Zach and Mary look like...yeah, yeah ik it's just fetus Alex Pettyfer and Elle Fanning, but shush.)

Chapter 12

Glenn's POV

"Okay, Carl. I'm going to talk to you, and you're going to listen, whether you can remember or not." I said, sitting in front of Carl on a chair next to his bed.

"Not without me, you're not. " Rick said, walking in behind me.

"Don't start yelling at me. Did you even see what that crazy girl did? She fucking-"

"Unless you talk with some dignity, I'm not going to listen to what you say." Rick said, folding his arms.

"Why did I hear a gunshot?" I asked, also folding my arms, and leaning forward in the chair.

"Surely, Carl, you've gotta know that a shot of a gun could have serious consequences, even if the bullet doesn't hit someone."

"I didn't...It...I...It was a reflex, okay? You didn't see! She freaking jumped on me, kissing me. She...pushed me down- wanted to go further..."

I exchanged glances with Rick.

"I know that's something awful for you, but...she's telling the truth. You've lost your memory, Carl, and I don't know how much of anything you remember, but you love Sophie, and, yes, you are having a child together."

Carl stared blankly at the wall in front of him.

After several seconds of silence, I asked him "What do you remember...exactly. What do you know?"

He turned to me and furrowed his eyebrows in thought.

Then he turned to Rick.

"The...walkers. I remember first seeing them and heading to the camp with Mom and...and Shane. I met Sophia and we became friends. I know...the farmhouse, when I got shot...and...the prison....and Mom. She died... while I was with her and Maggie, when she had Judith."

Rick looked to the side and Carl carried on. "I remember...The Governor....he ruined...everything. But...but that's it. I don't know what's happened since then. It's all just a hazy blur." He said, scratching his forehead.

"You're sister is scared of you, Carl. You pulled a damn gun out on Sophie, who didn't mean any harm, and Judith attacked you because otherwise...you could have done some serious damage." Rick said, raising an eyebrow towards Carl.

"B...but I don't get it...she's...only a baby." Carl replied, looking confused.

"Look." I began. "I'll talk to Sophie. Try see why she did what she did, and then you two better make up. I don't care whether you know her or not."

Rick and I stared at each other as Carl ignored us. "How can I forgive her for doing th-"

"Just do as you're told, Carl." Rick cut in, shutting Carl up.

He got up with folded arms and walked out. I followed, looking back at Carl who was still staring at the wall with a stubborn look in his face.

"Do you..." I began, standing next to Rick as he ran his fingers through his hair. "Do you think he'll ever remember?" I said. He shrugged.

"Only time will tell." He said, and walked off.

I needed to go and look for Sophie...and try to talk her through this.

Carl's POV

'I'm just so confused' I thought.

I was walking through the corridors and the different stores, trying to familiarise myself with the airport we had apparently been in for over a year.

It was all pretty much quiet- just a few people wandering about, until I heard high pitched soft sobbing, which was somehow recognisable, and someone 'shh'ing on top of the crying.

I went closer to the crying, eager to investigate, and saw three people crowded around one another. I went inside to see.

One person, a girl, looked around and saw me. "Carl...come here." She said, flapping her hand towards me.

I walked forward hesitantly and got pulled down by the shirt by the girl. "It's Judith. She wants you." The boy next to her said. The person crying was Judith- my 'sister'.

She looked up to me with watery eyes, before quickly wrapping her arms around my middle and hugging me. I felt her tears soak through my shirt. Although this was strange, it was a familiar feeling and, whether I knew her or not, here was a little girl crying. I decided to hug her back.

"Mary, I think you should go and find Sophie." The guy behind me said to the girl. She nodded and went out of the store we were in.

"Judith"I remembered her name. "What....what's wrong?" I said. She looked up at me. Her lip quivered before she spoke.

"Why...won't you just remember?" She said quietly. "So much has happened to us...to you, and Sophie, and you just don't remember."

I didn't know how to reply. "I...I don-"
"I know what you're thinking, and I know she didn't mean what she did. But...at the same time...I know that, if you remembered, you would have...liked it." Judith said, staring dead into my eyes.

"I...just don't know-" I began.

"Don't know what?" She said, now sitting in my lap.

"I don't know what to do about it. I don't know what's happened to me, but I don't know how to stop everyone being upset...or pissed...or-"

"Just...make up with Soph. You don't have to remember her, or be in love with her, but...just...be mutual with eachother." Judith said quietly.

I looked around to the guy. When I looked at his face...the letter 'Z' came to mind...I didn't know why. He gave me a sympathetic shrug, and then looked back at Judith.

"Okay." I said, nodding. Then, she hugged me, practically jumping onto me.
"Thank you." She whispered, before getting off of me.

I got up and smiled a little at Judith, before walking out of the store. I didn't know where to look for Sophie, so I decided to go outside.

I wandered around, unsure of where I was going, so I decided to head towards the airplanes.

It was quiet, hot, with no walkers- just people guarding the fences.

The near silence was broken by shouting. I moved closer to the airplanes, where the shouting was coming from and heard Glenn. He was the one shouting.

"SOPHIE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" He yelled, before running up to a plane. I inched closer, not wanting to cause any more trouble, and saw blood, covering the front window of an airplane.