Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Carl's POV

"Come on dad. We have to go!" I called over the gunfire and loud growls of walkers.

"No, Carl I need to finish this!" He shouted back.

"Rick, it's over." Michonne yelled, swiping the blood off of her katana.

He ignored her.

"Daddy, please." Judith said, tugging on his shirt. He looked down to her and then to his gun.

He muttered something under his breath, before putting his gun in his holster and running, holding Judy's hand.

I squeezed Finn close to my chest and she scrunched her fists up in my shirt.
As we were running, Daryl bumped into us, making Finn cry.

"Shit. Sorry, kid." He said, hastily putting his crossbow over his shoulder. "White tree? Carol's there." He said to dad, who nodded. Daryl ran past us, patting dad's back as he went.

We continued running, through the woods. "Fuck.' I muttered as a walker lunged at us. I ducked, and Michonne sliced through its head. I nodded at her in thanks and carried on. Then I heard a loud gunshot, closer to us than the rest.

"NO MOM PLEASE! RYAN!" I heard from a short distance away.
I slowed down, and ran towards the shouting.

"Carl! Where are you going?" Dad called.

"It's Zach!" I shouted back.

I ran until I saw him kneeling on the floor between some trees.
"Zach?" I said, slowing down. He turned to me with tears streaming down his face.

"Th...they took....Ryan." he sobbed. I held Finn tighter. I looked in front of him. His mom, Kate, was lying on the floor, her head surrounded by a pool of blood which seeped into the dry mud.

"She...she tried to st...stop them. But...they...they killed her."
I knelt down, and pulled his shoulder to mine.

"We'll get Ryan back. I promise. And...wait...where's your dad?"

"I don't know. I...I can't do this any more...I'm...I've lost everyone."

"Zach...we've got to go..Come on. Come with us."

"I..."

"Come on. Please. We can't loose any more good people." He looked at me and sniffed. After a long hesitant pause, he nodded, standing up.

For several seconds, he stared at his mom's body. "I love you, mom. Say hi to Mary for me." I smiled at him sympathetically, before gripping his wrist and pulling him. I let go and we began running to our meeting place.

The rest had ran ahead and as the wood began to clear, I saw them.
"DAD." Zach shouted as he saw Michael rubbing his stubbled chin.

He turned around and Zach ran into his father's arms. "Where's your mom? Your brother?" He said, looking behind Zach. He looked to the floor.

"Zach? Zachary. Where are they?"

"Mom's fucking dead." He muttered, holding back tears.

"No. No she isn't...she's fine. They're..."
He looked at Zach who shook his head. "Fucking....FUCKING SHIT." He yelled, chucking his machete on the floor.

As they began hugging and mourning, I looked around. "Let me take her." Dad said, reaching out for Finn.

Maggie and Glenn ran up to me from the woods.
Glenn unwrapped a sobbing Alex from around him and put him on the floor. He walked over to me.

"What the fuck was that?" He said, staring straight into my eyes.

"Wha-"

"What the fuck did you do?" He spat.

"I haven't d-"

"Don't give me that shit, Carl. He...he said you fucking invited them. It's not rocket science. All you had to do was not let anyone in through the fucking gates."

I stared at him, speechless.
"CAN YOUR DIPSHIT FUCKING BRAIN NOT EVEN REMEMBER THAT?" He yelled.

"HEY, HEY, CALM DOWN, GLENN." Daryl said, stepping between us.

Glenn put his hands on his head and closed his eyes, turning around.
I took several steps back, looking at dad.

"Carl...I'm sorry." Glenn said, looking guilty.
"I'm just fed up of losing everything."
I nodded in reply.

"Where...where's Soph?" He said, looking behind me.

"I don't know. She should be here...I haven't looked properly." He nodded at me, and I turned around.

I looked around the large tree, then between people. "Soph?" I called out.

No reply. I moved around the other side of the crowd and called out.

"Soph? Where are you?" My heart began beating faster.

"Soph. SOPHIE!" I shouted, causing several people to look at me.

"SOPHIE!" I yelled. A lump built up in my throat.
"BABY, PLEASE WHERE ARE YOU? I...I NEED YOU."

"Carl." Michonne said, putting a hand on my shoulder. She shook her head.

"What the fuck, Michonne. Seriously? You're...all of you? You're just gonna let her go like that?"

I shook her hand off of my shoulder and stepped back. I took my hat off of my head and chucked it onto the ground. "FUCKING FUCK" I yelled, running my hands through my hair.

I sat on the floor, with my knees pulled up to my chest. Where the hell are you, Soph. You said you'd be here.

Sophie's POV

My eyes slowly opened to...whiteness. A continuous bleeping sound buzzed through my ears, waking me up. I was laying down, and over my mouth and nose was some kind of...oxygen mask.

It felt just like...the research center. Howard.

I tried to sit up, but a belt strapped me down at my waist, stopping me from getting up. I tried moving my arms, but they were also strapped down to the thing I was laying on...an operating table.

My shoulder stung, but the arrow wasn't there anymore.

I looked down as far as I could, and saw my right wrist facing upwards. Cut open.

My first layer of skin was stretched back, revealing the bloody tissue in my arm.

My eyes widened and I tried to move around, but I couldn't.

Someone came and stood over me. I couldn't stretch my head back enough to see their face, but one of their hands stroked my cheek. I tried moving away, but it was no use.

"Anaesthetic. Now." They said, and I looked forward. A large framed man wearing surgical scrubs took out a needle from a silver tray, and I squealed. I had never liked needles and injections. They terrified me.

I tried moving my arm, but it wouldn't budge- the restraints were way too tight.

The needle made contact with the skin of my non-sliced open forearm, and soon it pierced into it. I felt the fluid surge into my blood stream.

The person stroking my face walked round, just enough so that I could see them.

I stared wide eyed as I felt the drowsyness take over my body.

"Don't look so panicked, honey. It'll all be over soon."

As my eyes began to forcefully close, I managed to say one word.

"Mum?"

__________
A/n

HAVE I MESSED WITH Y'ALL ENOUGH YET?? MWAHAHAHA