Chapter 27

Chapter 27

(Warning. This is a boring and very un-twd filler chapter...but it introduces a pretty important character...so yeah. Try and enjoy XD)

Sophie's POV

"Perfect." My mother excalimed, looking at me up and down. I felt anything but perfect.

I stared in the mirror in front of me, with a disgusted look on my face. I had been squeezed into a black dress, halfway down thigh length- shorter than Carl's shirt, which clung to my body.

My boobs had been pushed up, showing a majority of my cleavage, and the dress made my bum stick out. I looked like a slut.

I was scared to move in fear of falling over. I had never worn heels before. They were so high and uncomfortable...but I guess they made me taller.

"Come on then." Mum said, rubbing my shoulder.

"Wh..where?" I said, glancing towards her.

"The party, of course, silly!" She said, as if she was speaking to a six year old.

She wrapped a hand around my wrist, and began to pull on my arm. I tugged back. "Just...give me a minute." I said, looking at the awful shoes.

She let go of my arm and stood behind me. I looked at myself in the mirror. It wasn't fair. I'm here, getting pampered from head to toe, and my family are...well I don't even know if they're alive. No, Soph. Don't think like that. They'll live through everything.

My bottom lip began to tremble, and I felt my eyes begin to water. Not now. Don't do this now.

Without any control, several tears sprung from my eyes, and rolled down my cheeks. I miss them. I miss my baby girl. Carl. Everyone. I just want to go. I wiped them away with my finger and turned around.

"Come on, sweetie." I nodded, and walked slowly over to her, trying my best not to fall.

I felt über uncomfortable, so as I walked, I kept tugging on the bottom of the dress, to try and make it stretch down longer, but it only bounced back up again.

We went down a flight of white stairs and I began to hear a slight thumping in the distance. As I got closer, I could hear a tinny sound- music, which accompanied the beeping.

"Now, you go through that door over there, and I'll see you in the morning, okay?" She said, pushing me towards the door.

"What? The morni-"

"Have a great time, honey!" She called, walking away.

We're underground. Walkers can't hear the music. It's going to be fine. I just need to enjoy myself for once. Loosen up. I nodded to myself, before opening the door, slowly. I was suprised.

Wow I thought, as I gazed around. It looked like...a night club. There were loads of guys and girls, around my age, a few younger, some older. There was coloured lighting, which flashed and bounced off of every nook and cranny of the room.

I looked further. I saw a bar. I was certainly not in the mood for dancing, and the chairs were all full of couples making out.

I dodged past everyone, and made my way to the bar. I squealed as I felt a slap on my butt. I turned around and saw a blonde haired guy, holding a beer bottle. He put an arm around my waist and pulled me towards him.

"Heyyyy, baby. Let's dance." I could smell the alcohol from his breath. He was most definitely drunk.

"N..no. G..get off." I struggled, over the booming lyric-less music.

He put a hand forwards and touched my thigh as I tried wriggling away.
His hand moved to under my dress, but I couldn't move.

"Hey, Max. Stop." I heard someone behind me say, as the drunk let go of me. I turned and saw a black haired, tall guy. He looked down at me, and held out a hand. I looked to the floor and walked past quickly, wanting to get a drink.

I sat up on a bar stool, and waited for someone to come over. A man walked over to me and glared blankly into my face.

"Uh...just...give me anything." I said, feeling unsure. He raised his eyebrows to himself, and I saw him turn and pick up a bottle labelled tequila. I had heard about that stuff.

He poured it into a glass and pushed it infront of me. "Thanks." I said, picking it up. That's a big glass for such a strong drink, isn't it? I thought, bringing the glass to my lips.

I took a sip and almost choked. Several people turned and looked at me. This stuff was disgusting. I recovered my self and looked to the side to see a group of girls sniggering at me. I looked back to the glass.

"Fuck it." I muttered out loud, picking it up and taking a large swig. I swallowed the alcohol with my eyes squeezed shut. I still had over half the glass left.

Feeling more daring, I began gulping it down quickly, until there was none left. I felt a sudden rush of adrenalin surge through me and I looked over to the group of girls, now wide eyed, and stuck my middle finger up at them.

"More." I said to the guy behind the bar. He shrugged his shoulders and refilled the glass. I took the same approach as last time, and quickly guzzled the glass down.

"How can you drink like that?" I heard from the other side of me. I glared at the guy. He was the same guy from earlier- the dark haired one who stopped that other guy from touching me.

"When you go through all the shit I have, drinking is gooood." I said, unaware of how pissed I already was.

He chuckled. "So...you're British. Are you Cathy's daughter by any chance?"

"Yeahhh I ammm." I said, pushing the glass towards the bartender. He looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Uh...miss? I don't think you should ha-"

"I'm fuckin' thirsty." I said, squinting towards him. He hesitantly took the glass and put more alcohol in it.

"He's right you know." Mr new guy said from next to me, sipping from a glass of water.

"You," I said, pressing my finger onto his chest. "You can't tell me what to do, mr no name."

He moved my hand and put it back on my lap before sweeping his hand through his hair. "I have a name." He said.

"Great. So'da I." I said, taking a large gulp from the glass. "Tell me then."

"Ladies first." By this point I was hardly a lady.

"I'm S-" I burped. Then began to giggle at myself uncontrollably. "I'm Sophieeee."

He laughed again. "Well, 'Sophieeee' , I'm Harvey."

"Nice to meet ya." I said, putting my hand out to shake his.

As he reached out to shake my hand, I pulled mine back and wriggled it over my nose. As I did, I lost my balance and fell backwards, off of the stool.

I went into another fit of giggling as I hit my head on the floor. Everything began to slowly blur and my hearing became fuzzy.

"I think thats enough drink for you." Harvey said. I felt him put his arms around me to pick me up, but before I could see where we were going, I passed out.