Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Carl's POV

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked Sophie as we waited nearby the exit of the fence.

"Yeah, why not?"

"Well...obviously because of those peop-"

"You killed them. They're gone now. If I'm not worried about it, neither should you be." She grabbed hold of my hand. "It's 8:54. They'll be down for their next watch shift in six minutes. Let's go."

She walked in front of me, pulling me by the hand. "Okay, um...this way." Sophie said, pulling me through a series of large trees and shrubs.

"Here." She exclaimed, as she carefully knelt down, next to a large fallen log. "I haven't done many, but I'm trying to do one for every letter of the alphabet."

I kneeled next to her, with one hand on her back. I smiled at the names she had carved into the bark of the tree.

AMY

BROOKE

CHLOE

"Yeah...it's not much." She repeated.

"I like them." I said. "But...what if it's a boy?" She shrugged and turned to me, sitting on the dry ground.

"I've gotta let you pick something, don't I?" I smiled as she smirked, showing her cheek dimples.

"But..." I began. "I can't think of any."

"Don't give me that. Of course you can." She said, handing her knife towards me. I took the sleeve off of the blade, and began to chip away the letter 'A' into the bark on the log.

I looked up to the sky as I thought of a name. Then, I carved it.

AUSTIN

"Cute. I like it." Sophie said, when I was finished. "One down, twenty-five to go." She said and I laughed.

I laughed again when I heard her stomach grumble.

"How...loud was that?" She said, raising an eyebrow towards her stomach.

"Come on then. Let's head back if you're hungry." Sophie nodded and I pulled her up. We were pretty far out in the forest and it would take about twenty minutes to get back.

As we were walking, Sophie let out a loud yawn. As she did, her eyes were closed, and she tripped over a small rock in the ground.

"Whoa!" I said, lunging forward to catch her. I didn't get in the right position in time, so she fell on top of me. My hat toppled beside me.

"Ouch." She said, staring down towards her stomach and putting a hand on it.

"You okay?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows, as she layed on top of me.

"Yeah...I think so." She said, before looking up at me. For a second, I got lost in her dark brown eyes.

I reached one arm forwards and swept a lock of hair out of the way of her eyes, before pulling her down by the cheeks, pressing my lips onto hers.

Her body relaxed and I felt the baby bump press against me. I moved an arm down and pressed it against the bump, smiling through the kiss when I touched it.

Slowly, Sophie began hinting at wanting to slide her tongue in, so I gently bit her lip before opening my mouth a little, giving her tongue entrance.

As the kiss became more eager, she shifted about, to get into a more comfortable position, making me moan as her knee pressed against my crotch.

"Mhmm" I moaned as she began kissing along my jawline and down my neck. I could feel myself getting hard as she gently pinched the skin on my neck between her teeth.

"Please." I said, out loud as she, now purposely, pressed herself onto my dick.

"Please, what?" She said darkly, sucking on my neck.

I was now finding it difficult to speak. "P..please..ju...just...f-"

I stopped as she quickly got off of me and stood up.

"Sophieeeee!" I whined when she stopped. She quickly looked down at me and bit her lip.

"Sorry, but shhh." She whisper yelled , looking around again. I pulled myself up and straightened my shirt, putting my hat back on as I stood next to her.

"Do you hear that?" She whispered , tilting her head slightly. I tried listening until I heard a slight rustling.

"Yeah I do." I said, also whispering. After a few seconds the rustling stopped. "I think we should head back." I said, looking in the direction of the airport. Sophie nodded.

After a little while, Soph began drifting away from me, looking at the ground.

I stopped and turned to her. "What are you doing?" I said, folding my arms.

"There's... ropes " she said, following the trail of rope she could see on the ground.

"What? Rope? Where?" I said, following where she was looking.
Soon enough i saw the dark brown rope camouflaged into the ground. I walked faster, eager to see where it lead to.

Sophie spoke again. "I think it might be some sort of" she carried on talking but i wasn't listening.

Before I could do anything, something wrapped around my leg and pulled me quickly upwards so I was hanging upsidedown from a tree. "AHH!"
My hat fell to the floor.

"A trap?! Yeah! I thought so, too!" I shouted, trying to get Sophie's attention. "HEY." I yelled and she turned around and saw me.

Immediately she burst out laughing -probably because I had the expression of an angry three year old and was crossing my arms whilst hanging upsidedown.

"Soph...just get me down." I said, scowling towards her. She slowly recovered from her laughing fit, and looked up at me.

"Okay...um is there a knot around the rope on your leg?"

I tilted my head up to try and see. I saw a large knot in the rope. "Yeah. I see it."

"Okay, reach up and un tie it." I tried pulling myself upwards, only to swing too quick and hit into the tree. Sophie laughed again. "Hey shut up."

"Sorry, sorry. It's just..." she pointed at me and almost cried with laughter. "S...so I guess you can't reach it." She said, stifling any more laughter.

"Mhmm" i said, unamused.

"I've got to cut you down. Watch yourself. It could happen pretty quick." She said, bringing out her knife and walking over to another bit of rope attatched to the tree.

I wrapped my arms around my head, squeezing my eyes shut. I heard the rope snap as Sophie sliced through it and I began descending quickly.

Suddenly I stopped and looked to the ground, which I was now inches from. Soph walked over with the knife, and sliced the rope just above my foot and i fell to the floor with a thud.

I stood up and put my hat on. "i swear, if you weren't pregnant right now..."

"Oh lighten up...or I won't finish what I started earlier." She said, with a smirk. That made me bite my lower lip.

"Come on. I'm hungry." She said, pulling me back towards the airport.

~•~•~•~•~•~
A/n

Sorry guys, ik that was another boring filler chapter...but the stuff that happens all adds up *smirk*

Im a little miffed bc recently this story has been getting next to no reads and not as many votes as my last story.
Basically what I'm saying is idk whether to carry this on or not. Is it worth it??
But at the same time, thanks to y'all who do read and vote. It means a lot.

Thanks x