Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Sophie's POV

"Please...for ten minutes...just shut up, Finn. Ten damn minutes." I mumbled into the pillow as she began screeching for the seventh time during the night. Somehow, Carl had managed to sleep through it all. It's not fair.

I got up slowly, rubbing my eyes, and walked over to her. I picked her up, and gently bounced her up and down. She didn't stop crying.

"What's the matter? Please just tell me." I said. She had only had milk about twenty minutes ago, and her diaper was changed not long ago, either. I couldn't tell what was wrong with her, and I was feeling immensely tired.

"Please please please please be quiet." I whimpered quietly, as tears of stress and fatigue filled my eyes. I walked back over to the bed, still bouncing her up and down.

"Shhh babygirl. Mummy needs sleep." I said, holding in a yawn, as I sat on the bed.

I laid myself down and put my still crying daughter on my chest.

"Shush...thats it, baby...that's... " I drifted off to sleep, not able to finish my sentence.

***

"COME ON, SOPHIE, WE NEED TO RUN!" I shot up, looking around. Somehow, I was breathless. As I tried to steady my breathing, Carl ran in front of me, and crouched, sticking his hand out towards me.

"Woah." I said, to myself.

"I know." He replied, as we stared at eachother.

He looked...older. Like...at least seven or so years older. He had light stubble, and his body looked...really sculpted. He still had the hat, though. I grabbed his hand and jumped up.

"What...the hell is going on?" I asked.

"I...don't know...gunshots.. um...back there. We need to run." I nodded and we began running- Not for long, though. I stopped and looked down to my arms, then all around me.

"What?" Carl said, turning to me, clearly in a rush.

"Where is she? Where's Finn?"

"Soph...she's...she's fine. She ran ahead."

What the hell? She ran ahead.

"Carl..what are you ta-"

"I'm thinking exactly the same as you...just come on!" He grabbed my arm, and pulled me with him as we sprinted. What the fuck is happening? Why is everything...like this? I thought to myself, with a confused look plastered onto my face as we ran.

I stopped as Carl did. "Finn! What the hell are you doing?" He shouted over to a girl. She looked about ten years old, with long, brown hair, light skin, and crystal blue eyes. I looked up at Carl.

"Wha-"

"That's her." My eyes widened.

"But...how di-"

"I don't know." He looked back over to...Finn. "Hey, We need to go. Why the hell are you talking to a stranger...one of the strangers who are clearly part of the group of people trying to kill us." He said towards her, as she stood in front of a boy...possibly the same age.

how come he can understand what's going on? I thought.

"Dad... just... look." She said, as her eyes were fixated to the other kid's eyes. As confused as I was, I realised that we were in a dangerous situation.

"F...Finola. Listen to your father. We have to go. "

"But mom!" she said, turning to me. It felt so weird to hear her say that. I looked in the direction she was pointing... towards the boy, who looked just as shocked as she did.

I stared at the brown haired chocolate eyed boy, unsure of what Finn was getting at. She beckoned me towards her with her hand, and I walked closer.

I looked closely at him, and then to Carl, who was also looking at the boy.

"Oh my God" I said to myself, when it became clear.

The boy stared at me, and as if he read my mind, he spoke.

"Mom?"

Before anyone could say anything, the ground shook and the walls surrounding us fell in, as multiple bullets headed in our direction.

Everything went black

"WOAH." Carl and I said, simultaneously, sitting up in bed. We looked at each other, wide eyed and breathless.

"y...you saw that?" he said, supporting himself with a fist on his bare chest.

I nodded, quickly, getting my breath back. I looked down, seeing Finn, staring up at me, eyes wide, still supported by my arm, across my chest... as a month old baby.
Her tiny bottom lip trembled before she cried again. Carl reached his arms out and held onto Finola, rocking her gently.

"Where the hell... were we?" I said, rubbing my eyes.

"I don't know. But... that kid... was he..."

"He... called me... mom. And... if that was Finn, he looked a hell of a lot like her." She began to settle down a little, making sleepy gurgling noises. Carl lightly kissed her forehead.

"My...god." He said, ruffling his messy hair with his free hand.

"I... I guess we shouldn't let a dream... trick us. He was... dead. So he still has to be."

"But..." Carl began, as I took Finn back, now asleep. "We never...found him." I looked to my sleeping baby. "He could still-"

"Stop." I whispered, getting up to put Finn back in her crib. "I'm... too tired to talk about it." I said, trying to make an excuse.

He looked ashamed of himself. I bit my lip. "You...looked hot though." I said, making the ashamed look fade, and a smile appear.

"You didn't look half bad either." He said with a smirk as I crawled back onto the bed.

I yawned, completely knackered, and hit my head onto the pillow. Carl wrapped his arms around my waist, turning me around so I wasn't facing him.

He lurched his head forwards and kissed my neck several times, sending goosebumps up and down my arms.
He moved down, gently sucking, and eventually got to my special spot, just before the start of my shoulder.

"Carl!" I moaned, and he laughed quietly into my shoulder.

"It's been too long since I heard you say my name like that." He said, nuzzling his face into my neck, before closing his eyes. I could feel his gentle breaths against my skin, which soon turned into small, adorable snorts, signalling that he was asleep.

"I love you." I whispered, turning my head to kiss his cheek.

But all I could think about was that boy.

__________

A/n

Aghh guys it's been long. Sorry, I was in France and had no wifi *cries*

Thanks for reading!! Xx