Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Sophie's POV

"See you later, dumbass." Zach, Mary's brother called as I left the book store. I rolled my eyes.

"What's your problem, arsehole?" I said, clenching my jaw. I began walking up to him, but was stopped by a tug on my arm.

"Soph, he's not worth it." Mary said, glaring at her brother. "Come on, let's go and get Alex."

"Go fuck yourself." I muttered under by breath towards Zach as he and his friends smirked in our direction. Mary and I turned around and started heading to the playgroup, which was held in a departure kids lounge.

"I don't get it." She said, "I don't understand why he's being such a dick to you. He's normally so nice to everyone."

"It's because I'm crap at math." I said. "It's pathetic, I know, but he thinks i'm dumb and doesn't shut up about it."

"Hmm. I doubt that's the case, but if it is...ugh Zach's an ass. Just try your best to ignore him, okay. It'll pass." Mary said with a smile.

"Hey, Soph!" I heard from behind me. "Hey, Judy." I replied as she skipped out of her stationery store classroom. She held my hand.

"Where are you going?" She asked me, smiling.

"Maggie asked me to pick up AC from playgroup. She had some errands to do. You want to come?" "I would, but I'm gonna help dad with his patrol." She grinned. "Okay. I'll see you at dinner." She smiled and skipped off.

"Well Soph, this is my stop." Mary said. She was close to her family's store. I gave her a hug and she high fived me before walking away.

I arrived at the kids lounge and I went through the door and saw Alex, sitting on the floor playing with a toy train. He saw me and smiled, before standing up and walking over slowly. I said thanks to Charlotte, the woman who was leading the playgroup, and picked Alex up. He started playing with my hair.

Suprisingly, as I walked back with him in my arms, he fell asleep, with his thumb in his mouth. I could hear him snoring quietly and smiled to myself. I got to Maggie and Glenn's store and walked in- the door was open. I saw Maggie, but she was asleep. I didn't want to disturb her, so I lay AC down in his travel cot and left, closing the door quietly behind me.

I walked down the flight of stairs and into my store, seeing Carl wasn't there yet. I jumped over the counter at the back where are beds were and began making it. I had nothing better to do. A pillow was on the other side of the store so I got up and walked over to it, and picked it up.

I turned around and started walking back to our bed when I felt two arms wrap around my stomach and pull me back. I let go of the pillow and regained my balance.

"Carl..st....ca..CARL STOP" I struggled to say as he tickled me in his arms. He got off of me and pouted. I picked up the pillow from the floor and hit his head with it.

He glared evilly at me and picked his hat off of the ground, putting it back on his head.

"So, are we going out or not?" Carl said, smiling. I looked at him excitedly and nodded. He held my hand and ran, pulling me along. We ran past everyone and outside the airport's main building. He took me towards the arrival area, where loads of the planes were parked. We stopped and he put his hand over his eyes, sheilding them from the bright evening sun.

"I want to show you something." He said with a smile. He held my hand again and we walked up to one of the planes. It was massive. Probably the biggest there. We climbed up the portable steps to the plane wing and sat on it, dangling our legs off of the edge.