Tough love- Chapter twelve; Unexpected.

Start from the beginning

A loud noise from behind us brought us out of the staring contest. We looked ahead of us and saw it was a green light. Zach drove off without saying a word. It was really awkward between us. I mentally grunted. Ugh, I hate awkward situations. It makes me feel uncomfortable. I wish all my life was just a non- awkward conversation.

After a while, I got very uncomfortable with it. I barley moved. I felt like if I did, the whole car would break Of awkward tension. I decided I needed to say something. "So the guys, Emma, and me were wondering if you wanted to come to the movies tomorrow."

"Why would I want to see a movie?"

Well this is working. I shrugged. "I don't know. But they just wanted me to ask you for some reason. You don't have to come if you don't want to." I said. I really am not fixing anything. "Yea. I don't think I'm a movie person." He said, not once smiling. I really hope we get I wherever we are getting soon. Because this tension is killing me.

~*~

"You brought me to a store? Ain't I going to enough of these with Hunter?" I asked as Zach and me walked towards the store. He rolled this eyes and held the door open for me. That was gentlemanly. Definitely a surprise coming from Zach. "Yea, but I'm helping you with Mr. Popular. Which means helping wig outfits too."

I grunted as I took it what the store looked like. A lot of it was bright pink and purple. Great.

"I'm not getting anything girly." I said, pointing to him. He smiled and rolled his eyes. I smiled at him smiling. Dammit, I need to stop. I bit the insides of my cheeks to stop smiling. "So where do we start, Colton?" I asked. He smirked and grabbed my wrist, pulling me towards the jeans.

Thank god.

"Okay. Find something you like, but cute. Because most stuff you wear isn't that cute." I rolled my eyes and scoffed, going through the rack of jeans on the opposite side of him. "Well thanks." I said sarcastically. He smirked and turned his eyes to look at me. He didn't move his head from looking at the rack, but his eyes did.

I smiled and shook my head.

After what seems like hours of trying on different outfits and walking in front of Zach (Which was uncomfortable as hell because he was checking me out the whole time.) we finally found the right outfit. I had black holey jeans and black high top converses. My shirt was a light blue colour and had buttons going down the middle. It was a thick tank top.

I put it on and it was the most comfortable one yet. I smiled at myself in the mirror. I looked fucking awesome. I already had pulled my hair out if the bun and let the black grands flow freely down my back. I laced up my high tops and stepped out of the dressing room.

Zach was over at the hats and jewellery. I made sure my shirt was straight and I made my way to him. He was looking down holding two things in his hand. "Hey. So I think this beanie would go good with-.... wow." He looked over at me and when he cut himself off and looked me up and down, I blushed.

His eyes lingered on my body for a while before he looked into my eyes. I immediately looked at his nose. "We're buying that one," He said. I smiled and nodded. "Yea, this ones my favourite too. You think Hunter will like it?"

His face completely changed. Instead of the small smile that barley showed, it was a complete frown of anger. His jaw stuck out more, a vein in his neck popped out, and his nostrils flared. He shoved a black beanie and bracelet to me, an looked away.

"He'll love it. Go and change. I'll buy it and we can go." He then walked away. I stop there a minute. Im sorry, did I say something wrong? There was nothing personal about that question so he had no right to turn into donkey kong.