Tough love; Chapter 2- The Coltons

[Tough love; Chapter 2- The Colton's]

~*~

My mom wasn't kidding when she said the Colton's live right next door. We just walked over there. Their house was just as large as ours was and they had a pool in the back just like we did. Except ours was bigger. Along with our patio.

We stood on the front porch and waited until someone finally came to the door. She was a pretty decent height of a woman and had pretty long brown hair. Her blue eyes shown brightly beneath her makeup covered lashes. She smiled at us, showing deep dimples in her chin.

She looked awfully familiar.....

"Hey, Dana. Im so glad you and Kyle could make it for dinner. Oh and you brought Alex." The woman said cheerfully and exited a hand for me to shake. "Yes, we are glad too. Alex this is Kim." I smiled as shook Kim's hand. "Hi. Nice to meet you." I said. She nodded and moved aside.

"Come on in. Dinner is waiting at the table." She said. Me and my parents stepped in and I was surrounded and an amazing Vanilla sent. My parents lead me to the dining room as I smiled as I took in the sent.

Once we all took a seat, there was only five at the table. Their 'son' wasn't here. "Im sorry Alex. Our sons always late." I waved it off. "It's fine."

I sat beside my mom, and my dad sat beside her. Kim sat in front of my mother while Kim's husband (George) sat across from my dad. While I sat in front of no one.

I stood up, deciding that I needed to wash my hands before eating. "Um... do you mind if I go to the bathroom and wash up?" I asked. Kim shook her head and waved. "No. Go ahead. It's up the stairs and the first door on your right." I mumbled a thank you and followed her directions.

I walked up the stairs and through the hall( Which was scarily dark.). Once I saw the door I needed, I walked towards it.

Before I reached the door, I bumped right into someone. I was about to fall back, but they grasped my arm, yanking me up straight. Thats when I noticed who the person was.

The dark eyes and brown hair that I seem from earlier stuck out right away. Plus the lip piercing, made me want to fall to the ground. My arm was getting shivers across it from where his hand wrapped around it.

Wait.... is this their son?!

"What the fuck are you doing in my house?" His deep, sexy, voice made my stomach flutter. Even if it was rudely asked. "Uh.... m-my family lives next door and y-your family invited us for dinner." I said, trying to remove his hate glare that was thrown my way.

"And your upstairs why?" His angry voice made me wonder what the hell I did to him. "I-I was going to the bathroom." I said. Damn me and my stupid stuttering when I'm nervous. Lip ring stepped back and realised my arm. "Stay the hell out of my house." he said harshly and shoved his shoulder onto mine as he walked by.

What the hell?

I heard him walk downstairs and into the kitchen, before I went to the bathroom and washed my hands and face. I tried to act normal as I walked downstairs and back into the kitchen. And to my disappointment, Lip piercing sat right in front of me.

We started eating and my parents and his was quickly making conversation while me and him just sat there eating. Then my mom brought up some other conversation.

"So Zach," hearing his name for the first time made me shiver. "What school do you go to?" my mother asked. He shrugged, a black expression on his face. "West High." he simply answered.

"Oh, so you go to school with Alex?" My mom asked. Zach gave me and irritated look before looking back at my mom. "Sadly."

After that, the table was pretty silent. No one really tried to start up a conversation except my mom and Kim. George and my dad talked briefly. Me and Zach just ignored each others presence completely, which I was grateful for.