Happily Never After

Start from the beginning

We stood there. I didn't know what to do next. So, to be safe, I pulled away and invited him in.

"Tea?" I offered. He shook his head.

"Alex?"

"Hm?"

"Can we talk somewhere more... Private?"

I tapped my chin. The room was pretty big. Though I don't know where we could talk without the other guys hearing.

I scanned the room. Finally, I saw the sliding door to the balcony. I gestured for him to follow me.

Once I closed the door shut, he began speaking.

"Like I said, I'm sorry. And I... I have something to tell you," He said, looking me straight in the eyes.

I nodded.

"Alex, I-"

He was cut short by Tom tapping the glass door.

"You better get in here," He said, a serious expression on his face.

I took one more glance at Nathan before heading in. The color on his face drained.

Why do I feel nervous?

~

"The Wanted's Nathan Sykes was spotted walking out of Victoria's Secret model Alicia Burke's London home a few hours ago. What could this possibly mean? Sources say they tried getting word out of Mr. Sykes, but to no avail. We all know he's dating Alex Meyer, so what could he be doing in there? Stay tuned for more updates."

The presenter on E! News finished, then all of us turned around to look at Nathan.

He stared at his shoes, which had evidently become interesting.

"What happened?" I asked. Why am I so calm?

"Alex, I... I..."

"I won't get mad," I assured him. "Just tell me the truth."

"I sorta... s-slept with her."

That's what it took for my world to come crashing down.

I took a deep breath, and closed my eyes as the other guys blew up on Nathan.

"What the hell, Nathan?!" 

"How could you?!" 

"What has gotten into you?!" 

"Nath, why?"

I held up my hand, immediately shutting all of them up.

Nathan looked up at me, tears in his eyes.

"I'm sorry. I was an idiot," He said, his hand shaking. "I never meant to hurt all of you, and... and I've been too selfish. Please tell me you forgive me."

I sighed. "Why, Nath? How could you do this to us?"

"I needed an escape, okay?"

"So you did it with another girl?"

"I told you, I'm sorry. I only did it because you seemed to forget that we're together! I'm not the only one entirely wrong here!"

"Fine! I'm sorry I wanted to take care of Ja-"

"That's the thing! Not only did you pursue going here to London, but you also seemed to forget me because of Jay! He's your ex-"

"That is not true!"

The guys gasped.

"Oh, shit," One of them said. It could've been Max.

I was about to reveal why I stuck with them for the past few months.

"That was only a plan to get you to change! It was a plan to discover what you hid inside!"

His expression morphed into confusion. "What?"

"That's why I never stopped visiting you guys after I dropped you off at the hotel last summer! We had to get you to change!"

"Oh, so what we had wasn't real?"

I panicked. "It's very real. It was true, Nath. Until this happened."

He sighed. "Does this mean you're leaving me?"

I fell silent.

I couldn't, even if I tried.

"I promised I wouldn't leave you, Nath," I said silently. "Just a little space, that's all. Like a cool-off."

He nodded, a bitter smile on his face.

"Okay. If that's what you ask, Lex," He stepped towards me and enveloped me in his arms. The warmth and sense of protection was still there, even if everything seemed to fall apart right now. "I love you. See you soon."

He walked out the door and gave me one last look before he shut the door.

A tear slowly made its way down my cheek.

It sounded like goodbye to me.

~

"Do good, okay?" Max said, messing up my hair. I scrunched up my nose. "Make us proud!"

"You ruined my hair," I complained, slapping his hand away. Then I hugged him. "Alright. I have college, and a collegiate gymnastics competition. I'll try to make you proud."

"You better. Especially now that you're using Chasing The Sun as your floor music!" Siva said.

It was time. I was going home. They came, to send me off.

Without Nath.

We already said goodbye, didn't we?

My chest still felt heavy, and it still clenched at the thought of him, but what's done is done. I have a lot going on, so I need focus.

And yes, you read that right. Amidst my busy schedule, I managed to squeeze in a meet. Yay.

The flight attendant called out to me. "Miss Meyer? The plane is leaving in ten minutes."

I nodded and turned to the guys.

"So this is goodbye?" Jay asked, pulling me in for a hug.

"Yeah. See you all at Christmas."

See, we made a deal. I would come back a few days after Christmas so we could spend the holidays together.

"Til then, good luck, A! We love ya!" Tom said, hugging me as well.

As I made my way to the plane, I turned to give them one last look.

They were there, yeah, but it still wasn't the same without Nath.

Sighing, I decided to forget it.

Here's to the next few months.

~

A/N: Last chapter up next! (And chapter 11 too) I just wanna say thank you for sticking with me. (The complete speech later lol)

Sooo, that's it. The "Back to Square One" bomb has been dropped. Whoop.

More explanations on the next AN. For further clarifications and questions, message me or comment below. (:

VOTE. FAN. COMMENT. SPREAD THE WORD. SMILE. Iloveyouuu. Thanks for all the reads, votes, and comments. :3 ❤