What I Love About You

Ian's POV
------------

After we eat pizza Paul heads home and Nina's parents get back with Harlow.

Mrs. Dobrev hands me Harlow.

"Hi my little princess." I say and Harlow smiles.

Nina puts her head on my shoulder.

"Who's ready to eat?" She says.

"Yeah she probably is hungry. She ate her last bottle about 3 hours ago." Mrs. Dobrev says.

"I'll take her upstairs to nurse." Nina says.

"Dad and I are heading to bed. We had a long day." Nina's mom holds up all the shopping bags.

"Alright. Goodnight! We will see you guys in the morning." Nina kisses her parents on the cheeks.

They head down to the basement.

"Well I'm going to start the video diary." I say to Nina.

She smiles.

"Okay. I'll be upstairs nursing and getting her to bed." Just come up when you're done. I'll probably be hanging with Alex." Nina says and kisses me on the cheek.

"And then I'll do my part." She adds.

"And then we can finish from earlier." I smirk at her.

"Yes." She winks.

I watch her walk up the stairs with Harlow.

I sit down in front of the camera after turning it on.

"Harlow Juliette Somerhalder. My sweet little girl. Your mom had the idea to make this video for you. Of us telling you what we love about each other. I'm sorry if this ends up being 2 or more hours long. But your mom means the world to me. There's so much to love about her. So let's just begin with the very first day I met your mom. See, your mom and I are on this show called The Vampire Diaries. I play Damon Salvatore and Nina plays Elena Gilbert. We all met the very first day of filming. Your mom walked in on set. We bumped into each other. I introduced myself to her and automatically fell in love. Nina is a huge prankster. So after filming that day I went back into my trailer and got sprayed with silly string by her. And then I invited her and a few other cast members to dinner that night. I made sure I set by Nina. We talked all night. And after that we became best friends on set. We would hang out all the time. Go to premiers together, conventions, interviews. You name it and we were always together. Then our friendship became a romantic relationship. Let me tell you about our first date. I took Nina to this Italian restaurant in New York. I was so nervous. I honestly don't know why. I mean we went out to eat together all the time. But I guess since it was our first real date that made me nervous. And the way she looked that night, stunning. As always. Made me more nervous. She still makes me nervous to this day. But at the dinner, anything that could have went wrong, did. I spilt my water all over the table. Shaky hands. I forgot my wallet back at the hotel. So Nina ended up paying for dinner. And after dinner we walked back to the hotel. The first time I held her hand was during that walk. And when we got back to the hotel, your mom made me watch The Notebook with her. Her favorite movie by the way. She ended up falling asleep on my chest. I ended up finishing the movie. I never seen it before. So the next morning she asked me if I fell asleep and I told her no that I finished it just for her. And I could tell that made her happy. Such a little thing could make her happy. We went on a lot of dates before we called ourselves boyfriend and girlfriend. Now more things I love about your mom. Her laugh. It's contagious. You could be in a total different room talking and hear her laugh and you just start laughing and smiling. I love hearing your mom laugh. Her smile. That gorgeous smile. I could stare at her smile all day. She never stops smiling. Sometimes I even catch her smiling in her sleep. I also love the random things Nina does. Like when we go eat she always pours the salt on the napkin before she sits her drink on it. So it doesn't stick to the bottom of the glass. The way she always kisses me randomly. All the I loves you she tells me during the day. I love that she can still be a kid at heart. I love on rainy days all she wants to do is watch cartoons and cuddle. I love when she stares into my eyes. That I can read what she's thinking without even speaking to me. I love the random shoulder kisses during night when we are sleeping. I love that your mom is very adventurous. So I hope you're ready to take these big adventures with us as well. And that you aren't scared to try new things. Hopefully you get your moms gene with that. I love that she's not terrified of anything. Except spiders. I love that when she sees a spider she always yells for me to kill it. When we go to movies she always asks for extra butter on the Popcorn, twizzlers, and one large sprite with one straw. So we can share. I love that. I love how she gets me to try things I've never tried before. I love that she can be very sensitive at times and all she needs is me. I love that she has to wear her glasses when she reads. Even though she hates it. I love it. I love all the days I get to spend with her. And all the nights I get to hold her in my arms. I love telling her she's beautiful. I love seeing her get dressed up for events. I love when she wears red. Or blue. Those colors are my favorite on her. I love that Nina always wants to have a good time. She's the life of the party. And when someone is down, Nina can always cheer you up. She has such a soft spot. Harlow, I love every single thing about your mom. And through the years until you see this, there will be another million things to add to the list. Nina is absolutely my entire life. As well as you. The day she brought you into this world, i knew we were both meant to be parents. Watching her with you makes me so happy. She is such an amazing mom. And I know when you hit your teenager years, you may fight with her cause she is asking about your life. But just know, she is only going to ask because she loves you and she cares about you. We both want the best for you. And for you to be the happiest child ever. We're going to raise you to be the most kind, sweet, down to earth Somerhalder in the family. We want to see you succeed in life. And we want to help you reach your dreams with whatever those may be in 10, 15 years. Just know, your mom and I love each other very, very, much. And we always be here for you. You are our first born. You will always hold the biggest parts of our hearts. Daddy loves you Harlow." I finish the video and turn the camera off.