Christmas Eve

Ian's POV
------------

"Ian! Wake up!" I feel Nina's lips on mine. "Good morning love." I brush my thumb across her cheek.

"Let's go downstairs. Mom always has Christmas pancakes out on Christmas Eve." Nina puts on a pair of pajamas. I slide on a shirt and sweat pants.

I grab Nina's arm before she walks out of the door. "Nina there's, uhm." I point to her shoulder. "Shit." She places her hand over her shoulder. "I forgot you bit my shoulder last night." She smacks my arm playfully. "It was either that or a few loud moans of your name and the word fuck." I smirk. Nina comes out of her closet with a cardigan over her pajama top. "I'm not you Nina, who moans so the whole street can hear you." I wink at her and she wraps her hands around my neck. "Who could ever hold it all in with you, smolder." Her lips crash into mine.

"Did you guys sleep well?" Mrs. Dobrev asks while handing me a plate. "Sure did. Like kittens." I smile. Nina puts a pancake shaped like a snowman on my plate. "There's fruit in the fridge if you guys want any. Dad and I are off to finish gift shopping." She kisses Nina on the cheek and then me. "We'll be back a little later. Your brother will be home tonight Nina." Mr. Dobrev slides his coat on. "Good. I miss that brat." Nina jokes.

"What should we do today?" I ask Nina and place a blue berry into my mouth.
"How about I take you around the town? Show you where I used to hang out with my friends." Nina places the dishes into the dish washer. "Sounds good to me." I smile at her. "Let's get ready then." Nina heads upstairs and I follow behind her.

"Okay, let me drive smolder." Nina takes the keys out of my hand. I open the driver side door for her. "Alright pushy." I wink and close the door. I get in the car and Nina pulls out of the driveway.

"There's my high school." She points to a big school. "Wow degrassis had an update." We both start laughing.

She pulls into a parking spot and we walk down the sidewalk to a little coffee house. "This is where I came a lot with friends after school to study or hangout." I open the door and she steps in. Peoples eyes glued to us as we walk up to the counter. Nina's hand grips harder on mine.

"Hi! What can I get for you?" The chirpy lady at the counter grins. "Can I get a dirty chai latte? With a little cinnamon on top." Nina smiles. "I'll take a Carmel frappe." I get my wallet out of my back pocket. "That will be $11.79." I hand her a $20. "Okay have a seat and well bring them right out to you." She hands me my change but I tell her to keep it.

Nina and I sit down by the window. "I think everyone is shocked to see us in here." I whisper to Nina. She looks around the room. Everyone still starring at us. She turns her head to me and smiles. "I love you Ian." She leans in and kisses me. "Here you go. Enjoy!" The same chirpy lady says as she sits the coffee down. "Thank you." Nina takes her coffee.

"Nina?" A dark haired guy comes up to the table. "Conner?" Nina slides out of her chair and throws her arms around the guy. "Oh my God Conner! Hi!" She pulls back. "How have you been!?" "I'm great Nina! And you?" He smiles big. "I'm great too! Just in to spend Christmas with my family." She turns to face me. "This is Ian, my fiancée." I stand up and shake Conners hand. "Nice to meet you." I say.

"I'm so happy for you Nina. When's the wedding?" Conner sits down with us. "We are keeping the date on the down low. I'm sorry." Nina pouts her lips out. "No no i totally understand! Wow yeah being engaged is exciting." He holds up his hand. "Conner when did you get married!?" Nina grabs his hand. "Last year. Yeah Carmella and I got married." "I always knew you two would. Ian, Conner and Carmella were high school sweethearts." Nina smiles at me. "It's true. We dated from 9th grade, and now we're married. And have a little girl." He pulls out his phone. "No way!" Nina grabs the phone. "Wow she's adorable. She looks exactly like Carmella. What's her name?" Nina hands the phone back after showing me the baby. "Her name is Shay. She's only 3 months old. Carmella and I have never been happier." He puts his phone back in his jacket. "Do you guys plan on having kids?" Nina looks at me. She places her hand in mine. "We want 2. 3 maybe." I say. I look at Nina who is smiling. "Where's Carmella?" Nina takes a sip of her coffee. "She's back home. I'll have to tell her you're in town. Maybe we can get together." "Well actually we are leaving tomorrow around 1:00 to go to Ian's parents." Conner frowns. "But I'm sure I'll be back soon! Give me your number and I'll call you next time I'm coming home!" Nina grabs her phone and enters Conners number. "Let me see your phone. I'll take a selfie and you can show Carmella." Conner laughs and hands his phone to Nina. "Great. Thanks Nina. It was nice to see you! And nice to meet you Ian! Merry Christmas Eve guys." Conner stands up. "Happy holidays Conner!" Nina hugs him goodbye.

"Conner was nice." I tell Nina as we get back into the car. "He was my best friend growing up. We did everything together. All 3 of us actually. Carmella. Gosh I'm so happy they got married. And have a cute baby!" She grabs my hand. "That will be us in a few months." I say.

"We get back to her house and we run inside. Nina slips and falls. "Shit." She shouts. I help pick her up. "You okay?" I move her hair out of her face. "Yeah I'm okay. Damn ice." We both laugh.

"Let's go get the presents we brought and put them under the tree." Nina jumps off the couch and runs upstairs.

"We're home!" Nina's parents walk through the door. "In the living room mom!" Nina yells out to them. She sits up from laying in my lap. "Hi guys." Her dad comes and sits down. "Did you get everything?" Nina hugs him. "Your mama did all the shopping. I just carried the bags." I laugh. "I carry the bags too sir." We both start laughing. "Your brother just pulled up!" Nina's mom walks to the front door. Alex walks in. "Hi bobo!" Nina jumps up and runs to hug him. "Hi Nina!" He hugs her back. "Merry Christmas Eve!" He hugs his parents. I high five him. "How's it going bro!" Alex gives me the awkward side hug. Nina takes my hand and we walk back into the living room. "Let's play Mario party!" He gets the controllers out and hands Nina and I one. "You ever play?" He looks at me. "Yeah but it's been awhile!" I tell him.

We play Mario party for about an hour while Nina's mom and dad make dinner.

"Come and eat you kids!" Nina's mom shouts over the game.

"So tomorrow we usually wake up about 6:30 and open presents then have a huge breakfast." Nina tells me. "So no sleeping in." She leans her head on my shoulder. We finished eating 10 minutes ago but everyone stayed to talk. "What time is your flight to Louisiana?" Nina's dad asks. "We have to leave for the airport at 11:00 dad." Nina's mom walks around and gathers are plates. "We picked a date for the wedding." Nina tells everyone. "Oh yeah! When?" Her dad smiles. "May 17th!" I say. "Wonderful!" Nina's mom wraps her arms around us. "I can't wait!" Her brother and dad say at the same time.

"Well dad and I are heading to bed. Where did your brother go?" Nina's mom says as she enters the living room. "He already went up to bed mama. He said he was super tired from driving 6 hours. I don't understand why he just doesn't fly." Nina lays her head back on my chest. "Because your brother is complicated. He's always been complicated and will stay complicated." We all laugh. "Goodnight mama, I love you." "Goodnight baby, goodnight Ian. I love you both."

"Ready for bed baby?" I look down at Nina who's head is laying in my lap. She looks up at me and nods. I turn the tv off and we head up to her room. I shut the door behind us. Nina pulls her shirt over her head and then un does her bra. She slides her jeans off next and crawls into bed. I kick my jeans off and my shirt. I lay down next to her. "Your shoulder. I'm sorry I bit you." I run my fingers over the bite mark. "Ian I'm not mad at you." She kisses my chest. "Besides you did it by accident." She winks. I wrap my arm around her waist. "Next time I'll be gentle." I wink at her. She snuggles in closer to me. I feel her hand make circles on my stomach. "Next time." She rolls over on top of my torso. Straddling me. She leans down kissing me. I slide my hands down her back and onto her hips. I kiss her neck and shoulders. "Nina?" We hear at her door. She slides back in beside me and I hand her my tshirt. "Come in." Alex opens the door. "Just wanted to tell you guys goodnight. And that I'm happy you both are here. And also wanted to give you this." He walks over and hands us a snow globe with Rudolph and clarice in it. "Really?" Nina holds it in her hands smiling. "When we were younger Nina always loved Rudolph and would always say she was Clarice around Christmas and would look out her window for her Rudolph." He smiles. "Shhh. That's so dumb! Ian doesn't need to know that!" We all laugh. "Thanks bobo." Nina hugs her brother. "And also guys, no sex tonight. Please. My room is right here." He knocks on the wall. Nina throws a pillow at him. "Shut up. Get out!" She laughs. "I had to deal with you when you had girls over." I look at Nina. "I thought you said no one was allowed up in your rooms?" I ask her. "That didn't stop him from sneaking them in through his window at 2 in the morning. You man slut." She starts laughing. "Shhh mom will never know about that. Besides it was only twice I did that." "Those girls were loud." Nina starts laughing harder. "Shut up Nina." Alex throws the pillow back at her. I laugh. "Goodnight guys." He walks out and shuts the door. I turn over and look at Nina who is trying to stop laughing. "Louder than you?" I wink at her. "Not even close." She hides her face under the blanket. I pull it back and kiss her. She reaches over me and turns the light off. "Goodnight my love." She kisses me on the lips. "Goodnight clarice." Nina laughs and then kicks my leg. I start laughing and I pull her into my chest. "You are a little shit." She says while still laughing. "Goodnight Nina." I laugh and kiss her shoulder.