Coming Home

Nina's POV
--------------

"Do you have everything?" Ian asks and looks under the hospital bed.

"Yes. Baby. Check. Husband. Check." I wink playfully.

I sit in the wheel chair holding Harlow. The nurse walks back in and Ian grabs the car seat and our bags.

"Ready to head home?" The nurse asks.

"So ready. I want to get home and take an actual shower." I smile.

"How far do you guys live from here?" The nurse asks.

"We live in Covington, so just about 25 minutes away if traffic isn't bad." Ian says to her.

We get out to the entrance and Ian has the car pulled up to the side. I stand yo with Harlow as Ian places the car seat inside the car.

"Let's see, place her in it softly. And I'll show you how to buckle her in." The nurse smiles.

"And just make sure that this part is always right here, and as she grows it will change with her." The nurse says with a smile.

I smile and take a seat next to Harlow. Ian gets in the driver seat and starts the car.

___________________________

Ian's POV
-------------

Harlow sleeps the whole car ride home. I pull down the drive way and see a big welcome home Harlow sign on the porch.

"Look at that." I point and Nina leans up from the backseat.

"That's so cool! Who did that?" Nina smiles.

"I'm going to guess either our moms, or Paul and Phoebe." I say and smile.

I park the car in the garage and step out to help Nina.

"Slowly." I tell her as she slides out.

I grab the car seat and we head inside.

"WELCOME..." I throw my finger over my lips to shh our moms from yelling.

"She's sleeping." Nina points down at Harlow, still sound asleep in the car seat.

Our moms make an aw face and bend down next to her.

"How about you guys watch her, while I go help Nina start her shower." I tell our moms and Nina and I head up stairs.

"Gosh I've never been this excited to take a shower before." Nina says as she pulls her dress over her head.

"Uhm..don't look at me yet.." Nina covers her stomach with her arms and looks down.

I walk over to her and place my hands on her cheeks.

"Nina, you just brought our baby into the world. I'm going to love you no matter what your body looks like, okay? You could be 300 pounds and not ever leave the couch and I'd still love you and think you are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." I smile at her.

"Thank you Ian." She kisses my lips.

"But if you ever let me get 300 pounds, id kill you." Nina winks and we both laugh.

She steps into the shower and I walk back into the room to unpack the bags.

"Ian, come here." I hear Nina say.

I walk back in to the bathroom and over to the shower.

"Yeah?" I say over the water.

"Get in." Nina smiles.