The Big Question

Ian's POV
-------------

Nina's hand hits me in the face. I grab it and place it back on her side. I kiss her on the cheek and slide out of the bed. I look at the clock on her night stand. 3:02 am. Damn. I open her door and walk down the hall and down the stairs. I see a light on in the kitchen. I walk in and see Mr. Dobrev sitting on the stool. "Hey Mr. Dobrev." He looks up. "Hey Ian, can't sleep?" He slides another stool out. "Well actually Nina's hand hit in me in the face." We both laugh. "Does she still sleep with her arms above her head?" He asks me. "Yeah I catch her sometimes sleeping like that. I don't see how cause when I sleep that way my arms feel like they weigh 1,000 pounds when I try to move them." Mr. Dobrev laughs. "I never understood how she slept that way. I'd go check on her at night and move them back down. And in the morning when I woke her for school they'd be back up above her head." We both shake are heads. "I also wanted to ask you, sir, if I could have your permission to..I would love to marry your daughter." Mr. Dobrev eyes me. "Ian. Of course I can't say no to that question. I knew it was going to come someday soon. I'd gladly love to see you and my daughter get married. I already consider you as my son. Of course you can Ian." He gives me a hug. "Thank you Mr. Dobrev." "When are you planning to ask her?" He asks me. "I have it all planned out sir. As we land in LA tomorrow, which is are 6 months, I have a "date" planned. But I'm going to propose as we step off the plane. I'd like you and Mrs. Dobrev to be there. I have all are friends in on it as well. I have your tickets to leave right after we do for la but your flight is straight to Atlanata." "Of course I'd love to be there." "Great." I say. "Is she doing okay after the break in?" "I think so. She uh, moved in with me." I look down out at my feet. "She told me that. She said she was to scared. And I told her I knew you would take care of her." He pats my back. "I do. I will always take care of her." I smile at him. "Ian, my daughter means the whole world to me. I'm glad she has someone great like you. I wouldn't trust anyone else with her but you. And to see her happy and always smiling with you makes me know how much you mean to her Ian." He stands up and I stand up with him. "That means a lot to hear from you." I hug him. "Just promise me you will never let anything happen to her." "I promise Mr. Dobrev. She means just as much to me as she does to you sir." He smiles and turns around to walk back to his room. "Goodnight Ian, i can't wait for tomorrow." Goodnight sir." I smile. "And Ian?" "Yeah?" "Make this proposal a good one." Mr. Dobrev smiles. "I will sir, trust me." I wave at him as he turns around. Before heading back upstairs I get a drink of water. I head back into Nina's room and close the door. I lay back down and pull the blanket back up. "Where did you go?" Nina turns on her side to face me. "Sorry I didn't mean to wake you." I whisper. "It's okay." She smiles. "I just went down to get a drink of water and your dad was awake and we talked for a few minutes." I tell her and put my hand in hers. "Talk about what?" "You." I kiss her nose. "What about me?" "That's a secret." I pull her into my arms and rest my head on hers. "Go back to sleep love. We have a busy day ahead of us." I run my hand down her arm and stop on her butt. I feel her lips kiss my chin. "Goodnight love." She says and closes her eyes.

___________________________

Nina's POV
--------------

"Mama." I walk into her bedroom. "Hi baby. Sleep well?" She puts her earrings on. "Yeah. Do you know where Ian went?" I sit down on the bed. "Your dad and Ian went to get coffee and donuts for us." "Ohh. Good I'm starving." I rub my belly. Mom laughs. "You are always starving! You always came home from school complaining you didn't have enough at lunch, and you were the one who packed your lunch!" I let out a big laugh. "You have a pig as a daughter mom." She walks over and kisses my head. "A beautiful pig." She winks. "When you get to LAX how long do you have to wait for your flight to Atlanta?" Mom sits down on the chair in the corner. "We go straight to the next plane after we land. It's our private jet." Mom nods her head. "I'll try to get back to Atlanta to see you once everything here has calmed down." She opens up her planner. "Take your time mom. Ian and I are still searching for a bigger condo that isn't near the interstate." I pull my knees up to my chest. I hear the front door open and my dad laughing. "They're back." Mom says and stands up. I follow behind her. "Morning ladies." My dad says and kisses my mom. Ian walks to me and I kiss him. "Hi." I say. "Hi." He says and kisses me again. "I got your coffee." He hands it to me. "I just want the donuts." I grab the bag from his other hand. "Watch out Ian, my little pig might rip your hand off." Mom jokes and laughs. Ian moves his hand behind his back. "I'll bring your bags down if you're all packed." My dad sits his coffee down. "Thanks dad." He walks up the stairs. "I'm going to miss being home." I lean up against the counter. Dad comes back down with our bags. "Well I guess we better leave." Ian finishes his donut. "Come here Nina." Dad holds out his arms. "I'll miss you sweetheart. Call me when you land in Atlanta. I love you." He kisses my forehead. "I love you to dad." I walk over to my mom. "Bye mama. I'll see you soon. I love you!" I hug my mom and she squeezes me hard. "Ow mom. To tight!" She leans back. "Sorry I just hate seeing you leave." I give her one more hug. Ian shakes my dads hand and my dad says something to him that I can't hear. "Bye Ian!" My mom throws her arms over Ian. "Bye Mrs. Dobrev." He kisses her head.