Snowed In

Nina's POV
--------------

Around 12 am I hear the doorbell ring. Ian groans and I stretch my arms out. "Who in the world could that be?" Ian sits up. "I'll get it, lay back down." Ian stands up and walks out of the room. "What are you doing here?" I hear Ian asks. I crawl out of bed and walk out of the room. "My car. It got stuck. Your house was the closest place I knew how to get too." Nikki. I roll my eyes and head down the stairs. Ian turns around as I come off the last step. "Nikki?" Ian let's her in. "My car got stuck in the snow." I cross my arms over my chest. "Well come in." I move over so she can take her shoes off. "Can I ask for some dry clothes?" Nikki takes her coat off. "Sure. Come with me." I lead Nikki upstairs. "Stay here." I tell her before going into our bedroom. I walk into the closet and grab a pair of my pajamas that I don't wear. That's when I realize I'm only wearing one of Ian's t-shirts and my underwear. I shrug my shoulders. Who cares I'm going back to bed anyway. "Here." I hand the pajamas to Nikki. Ian walks up the steps and stands beside me. Holding the flashlight. "Our powers been out for awhile so there's no lights." Ian tells Nikki. "You can take the guest bedroom. But in the morning I'll call about someone helping you with your car." Ian shows her the bedroom. "Thanks." She says over her shoulder and shuts the door. Ian walks back over to me. "What are the chances?" I say to him. He wraps his arm around my waist. "Come on neens, let's go back to bed." I shut the door when we get back into our room. Ian lays me down on his chest. "How am I supposed to sleep when that bitch is sleeping down the hall?" I run my fingers over his chest. "It will be okay. Surely the roads will be cleared by morning." Ian kisses my head. "Let's get some sleep." Ian pulls the blankets back up over us. I stare at the ceiling until I fall asleep.

___________________________

Ian's POV
------------

"Should we get up and see if she's awake?" I turn on my side I see Nina. She runs her fingers across my face. "I guess. The sooner we the sooner she can leave." She winks. Making me laugh. "Okay. But put some shorts on." I smirk at her and throw her some shorts. "Throw me some socks too." She says grabbing the shorts. We walk down stairs and I look out the window. "Uh Nina." She looks at me and walks over. "Holy crap!" At least 2 feet of snow is covering the ground. I try a light switch and it turns on. "At least the powers back on." I sit down on the couch and turn the news on. "Let's see what the news is saying." Nina plops down beside me.

"No mom. They haven't cleared the roads or anything. And hundreds of people are stranded on the interstate. Yeah Ian and I are home safe. With company. Who? Nikki. Yeah. Yeah. Okay I'll call you later and let you know if we'll make it tomorrow with our flight. I love you too." Nina hangs up her phone. "Mom says she loves you." Nina smiles big. "I love mama Dobrev too." I kiss her head. Nikki walks down the stairs and we turn to face her. "Hey Nikki." I say. "Come on in." She takes a seat beside the couch. "Sleep well?" Nina says. "I guess." Nikki turns her head to the TV. "Guess I'm stuck here?" She pulls her knees up to her chest. "Guess so." Nina places her arm around my neck. "Well I'm hungry. I'll make us all breakfast." I say and stand up. Nina looks up at me. Eyeing me not to leave her in here with Nikki. I tilt my head to tell her to come with me. We walk into the kitchen. "Looks like she doesn't want to be here, so let's just try to be nice until she can leave okay. Christmas is in two days I'm sure she wants to be home with her family." I put my hands on Nina's face. "I'll take her upstairs with me and find her some different clothes." "Good girl." I kiss her on the lips. "I'll get breakfast started." "Don't burn the pancakes." Nina shouts as she walks back into the living room grabbing Nikki. I laugh.

___________________________

Nina's POV
--------------

"Let's go find you something else to wear for the day." I tell Nikki. She stands up and follows me up the stairs. I walk into the bedroom. "You can come in." I look back out the door. "Okay." She says and walks in. "Do you want sweat pants or leggings?" I show her the options. I pull out a pair of leggings for me and a sweater. "I'll take some sweatpants." I hand her a pair along with a shirt. "Do you need a tooth brush or anything? We keep extras in the hall bathroom." I slide the leggings on. "Yeah that would be great." I nod my head. We walk down to the hall bathroom. "Here you go." I hand her a tooth brush and tooth paste. "Nina?" Nikki grabs my hand. I turn to face her. "Yeah?" "I'm sorry for uhm..being a bitch I guess. I shouldn't have came on to Ian. He's yours. You guys are engaged. I feel bad for what I did. And I understand if you hate me." I just stare at her. "But I am sorry. I won't bother you guys again." "Nikki, you really hurt my feelings. I didn't think you were that type of person. I was shocked." She nods her head. "I'm so sorry." She starts crying. I pull her in and hug her. "Nikki don't worry about it. You apologized and ill accept that. Thank you. Now don't cry. I don't hate you but you did lose my trust." I pull her back to look at her. She nods. "I understand that." "Now get dressed. Ian's making pancakes. If he doesn't burn them again." We both laugh. "I'll meet you down stairs in the kitchen okay?" "Okay." Nikki closes the door. I walk down to the kitchen. "Well she apologized Ian. I told her I accept the apology but she lost my trust." Ian flips a pancake. "Really? She did?" I nod. "I think we're okay. Now it won't be awkward." Ian leans over and kisses me. "Now pay attention before you ruin those perfect pancakes." I slap his butt. I take a seat on the stool. Nikki comes down and sits beside me. "Wanna play heads up when we finish eating." I grab the game and show her. "Sure. My brothers and I play that." "Ian is bad at it." I wink at her. "I am not!" He throws an oven mit at me. "You didn't know who Tina Fey was!" I shout at him. "I do now." He laughs. "Nikki and I will be on a team, and you smolder will be alone." Lynx walks into the kitchen and to her bowl. "I'll have Lynx." Ian points to her. "Hurry and cook." I smile at him. Nikki and I start talking.

"That was good. Last time he made pancakes he burnt them. Setting the fire alarm off." I tease Ian about it. Nikki laughs. "Alright let's play the game!" I grab the game and put my head band on. Ian sticks a card into it and I do his and Nikki's. "Okay you first Ian." Ian looks at my card. "Okay this person has red hair, a talk show.." "Conan!" I scream. "Correct." I smile. "Okay read Nikki's." Ian looks at hers. "This person writes a lot of books. Mysterys." "Is it James Patterson?" "Yeah!" I high five Nikki. "Okay Ian. Be still so I can read your name. Alright this person was really famous in the late 90's and early 2000's. She's a singer. She went crazy. Shaved her own head." "Britney spears!" Ian slaps his hand on the table. "Yep!" The game continues for an hour.