New Zealand - Part 1

Ian's POV
-------------

It's been almost 2 months since Harlow was born. I never knew being a dad would be so fun and special.

I love watching Nina with her. She is such a great mom. Harlow is our little happy quiet baby. She hardly cries. Only when she is hungry. She eats a lot though.

Phoebe and Paul are also going to be parents. Which is awesome. I can't wait to see Paul turn into dad mode.

Nina and I have our first trip planned with Harlow. We are going to New Zealand. We're bringing Nina's mom so she can help with Harlow. We leave in just a few hours.

"Ian can you help me zip this bag." Nina punches the suit case.

"Yes. Weak one." I smirk at her.

She shows me her muscles.

"I'm not weak. The zipper is just stuck." She sticks her tongue out.

I get the zipper un stuck and zip the rest of it.

"So was your mom okay with her own room?" I ask Nina.

"Yeah, she said she can get her work done better that way too. And she already said she'd take Harlow in there with her. But I don't know about that yet. I like her being close to us. And moms room is on another floor." Nina sticks the iPad in her carry on.

"Well she doesn't have to sleep in there every night." I tell her.

"Okay, true. Maybe she can sleep with us the first night." Nina smiles.

Lynx walks in and I pick her up.

"I wish we could take Lynx on these trips." I pet her head.

"Me too." Nina walks over and kisses Lynx.

"Phoebe and Paul will take care of you. Like always when we are gone." She says to Lynx.

"I'm going to go get Harlow dressed. Mom should be back from the store any minute and we can leave." Nina says and kisses my cheek.

"Okay, I'll load up the car." I smile and grab all the bags.

___________________________

Nina's POV
--------------

"Harlow I hope you enjoy flying." I say as we sit down on the plane.

Ian puts the carry on above us and hands me Harlows blanket.

My mom sits in front of us.

"Mrs. Dobrev are you sure you don't want to sit back here with Nina?" Ian asks my mom.

"No honey. I'm fine up here. Nina flys better when she has you beside her anyway." Mom smiles and turns back around.

I look at Ian and he grabs my hand.

*a few hours later*

We finally land in Queenstown.

Harlow is surprisingly awake.

Ian places his hand on my lower back as we walk off of the plane.

"Enjoy your time in Queenstown." The pilot says to us.

"Thank you." I smile at him.

We go down to the luggage claim and get all our bags and head out to the car.

My mom places the car seat in and I lay Harlow down in it. Strapping her in.

Mom climbs in beside her and I get in the front with Ian.