Chapter 142 - A Date? (1)

With reluctance showing in every inch of her body, Valentina followed Rio and Shawn down to the parking garage.

A large black van was waiting right by the door, and they quickly entered. Shawn went to the front seat while she and Rio slid into the back seat.

As she put on her seatbelt, she smiled politely at the man in the driver's seat. He had light brown hair cut neatly with bangs framing his face and gold-rimmed circular glasses. With a simple gray suit and white shirt, he gave off a calm yet capable vibe. As their eyes met in the mirror, he smiled politely before greeting her.

"Hello, I'm Joshua Reed, the Fallen Angel's main manager. You must be Valentina Salazar; I've heard so much about you. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Yes, I'm Valentina. The pleasure is mine." Valentina replied while bowing her head.

"I've been told that you're coming with us to the company building. Is that correct?"

"Yes. Thank you for the ride."

"Of course. Please get some rest and let me know if you need anything. I know filming can be tough on the body." Joshua Reed smiled politely before driving off.

As the two men in the front began chatting, Valentina quickly updated Lia that she would bring the dress back another day before turning to Rio with an arched brow.

Sensing her attention, he turned to her and arched his own.

"Are we actually meeting Roman?" She whispered to him as he brought his face close to hers.

"Of course. You think I would make that up?" Rio answered with a roguish smile before quickly texting something on his phone.

Feeling her phone vibrate, she quickly picked it up and read the message.

Rio: We're going to sneak out once Shawn gets rid of the manager, so just follow my lead 😉

Seeing that he didn't want the others in the car to hear about their conversation, she quickly texted back.

Valentina: Should you be sneaking out? Don't get me in trouble.😡

Rio: Would I ever do that?

Valentina: Yes!!!!!!

Rio: Pessimist. Just play along so we can chat in peace without hangers-on. Remember, you're the one that wanted to talk. Trust me, I know a good place. There were no fans to bother us, and delicious food. You can't say no.

Giving him an incredulous look, she quickly turned her head to look out the window.

She would see what nonsense he had planned.

In about twenty minutes they quickly arrived in the parking garage of the building.

As they stepped out and into the entrance, a security guard checked the credentials of the manager before allowing them into the building.

In front of her was a sleek, modern-looking lobby that was very reminiscent of the Grayson Conglomerate building. It had a large central desk with a receptionist and modern couches and coffee tables spread around in an aesthetic manner.

Without pause, they walked into the elevator, where Shawn pressed the 12th-floor button while Rio pressed the highest floor.

Ding!

The door opened and Shawn slung his arm around Joshua's shoulder, dragging him out while giving her and Rio a knowing look.

"Val, see you later. Say hi to Roman for me. Rio, text me. Josh, I actually had a question about the performance. Why don't we leave Rio to deliver Valentina to Roman before he joins us."