Chapter 126 - Variety Show (27)

In an elegant room in one of the most expensive manors in Paradise Cove, two individuals sat staring at each other. Despite the blinding rays of the setting sun illuminating the room and painting it in beautiful colors, the atmosphere of the room was unbearably dark, as if mourning the death of someone.

The taller individual was dressed in an all-black suit. His dark brown hair was slicked back, exposing the handsome planes of his face, while his hands were clasped together as his intense gray eyes stared intently at the smaller individual.

The smaller individual was dressed in a yellow and black outfit with little white sneakers. His curly hair framed his face in a fluffy cloud while his large green eyes were narrowed in anger as his small mouth pouted.

The two identical faces, differing only in their age and eye color, stared at each other silently before the bigger figure broke the silence.

"So you heard your Auntie Val is leaving."

"No!" Luca immediately protested.

"It's not forever. She has to go to work. Then she'll come back"

"I want to go with her!" Luca protested angrily.

"No. She doesn't have time to take care of you while she is gone." Kaiser coldly interrupted his son.

"I- I can take care of myself!"

"Take care of yourself? How? I see that you still get Valentina to feed you."

"I'm her little nugget s-so she can feed me sometimes," Luca argued back, not losing momentum.

"You didn't even eat your carrots at lunch. Don't think I didn't see you sliding them over to Valentina."

"We're trading," Luca muttered quietly as he looked down sadly.

"5 carrots for one green bean is not a trade; it's a bribe. Who do you think you're fooling? Properly stay home quietly while she goes to work. You can talk to her on the phone when she's free, but you have to stay here."

Luca was silent for a moment as he thought before he proposed a counterargument, "My mission! I have to give her medicine in the morning."

"I will send the medicine to her. There's no need for you to go." Without hesitating, Kaiser killed his son's dreams.

Completely out of options, Luca glared angrily at Kaiser; his cheeks puffed up as he sulked.

"Are you going with her?"

"Of course, I have to accompany her."

"No fair! Why do you get to go? I want to go too! I want to go!"

Seeing the full-blown tantrum that was about to explode, Kaiser arched his brow before coldly pointing upstairs.

"Are you going to wake your auntie by crying?"

"Ughhh....but I want to go! Why do you get to go?" Luca quieted down but still insisted.

"Well, for one, I'm an adult, and you're not. And I'm going to drop off your auntie and then come back to stay with you. You'll stay with Grandma and Grandpa or your uncle until I get back."

"I want to go drop her off."

"No. You're already throwing a tantrum before she leaves; why would I trust you that you'll obediently come back without doing the same thing when it's time to come back?"

Hearing the words, Luca felt himself begin to tear up, but he held his tears in and just looked at his dad with the pitiful expression that always worked with his auntie. Unfortunately, Kaiser was not his favorite Auntie Val, and he did not fall for his tricks.