Chapter 124 - Variety Show (25)

As Kaiser pushed past Alexandria to grab Roman and toss him to the corner of the room, Valentina glanced at him with an arched brow, silently asking, 'What the hell is going on?' as she looked at the two new people and then back at him.

As if matching her usual attitude, he rolled his eyes and looked irritated.

"Blame Roman since I certainly didn't invite them. I hadn't even gotten to see the chairman before the two of them intercepted me." Kaiser grumbled as he answered her silent question. "Did you order yet?"

"No. Luca and I are still going through the menu."

"Fair enough." Kaiser took the seat beside her before slinging his arm around her chair and pointedly glancing at Roman, who was collapsed on the floor.

"Are you getting up, or do you want to kneel for the rest of your life?"

"I'm getting up! I'm getting up! Geez. Brother. You're so grumpy even after I promised to handle your business for you. Who pissed you off?. Or is your blood sugar low?" Roman grumbled as he stood up and arranged his suit.

You. The person who made him grumpy was you. And the woman next to you!

Valentina wanted to shout at him. Instead, she rolled her eyes and went back to reading the menu to Luca, completely ignoring the two new additional people.

"Coffee-crusted filet with black garlic compound butter. Here's the photo. Do you like it?"

Head shake.

"Peppercorn crusted strip with rosemary jus. Here's the photo. Do you like it?"

Head shake.

"Gold Leaf Wagyu Tomahawk Ribeye. Here's the photo. What do you think?"

As Luca looked at the large steak with the large bone sticking out and gold leaf spread everywhere, his eyes lit up, and he nodded excitedly.

Seeing his excitement, Valentina restrained a sigh. Of course, he wanted the most expensive thing on the menu. He wasn't a child of a wealthy household for nothing.

"Then let's get that three of those, and the three of us can split some sides. The unwanted outsiders can feed themselves or get out." Kaiser interrupted.

Alexandria: "......"

Roman: "......"

The two unwanted outsiders could only stare blankly as they were blatantly ignored by the individuals sitting down.

Nodding at Kaiser's words, Valentina continued reading the menu out loud.

"Let's look at the sides, Luca. I know you want fries, but let's get some vegetables, too. It says broccoli, squash blossoms, roasted carrots, green beans..."

"Sister-in-law. Why are you doing that? Luca knows how to read." Roman interrupted as he grabbed a menu for himself and sat down while ignoring Kaiser's bad expression.

"I know. I just like to do it for him, and he likes it too." Valentina calmly responded before continuing to speak to Luca, who nodded or shook his head while refusing to talk. Seeing that he occasionally glanced at Alexandria before sulking, she could tell that he didn't really like her and would continue to refuse to talk while she was here.

It seemed her little nugget had good taste.

She didn't know how it was previously, but right now, she was the adult who spent the most time with Luca. From playing games with him to watching him do little study things on his tablet to coding on his computer to reading bedtime stories. She knew he was quite smart and advanced for his age but felt that it shouldn't stop him from enjoying the benefits of being a little kid, getting the adults around you to cater to you.