Chapter 106 - Variety Show (8)

Authors Note:

This is (1/2) extra chapter bought by Nicolae. Thank you so much to them.

"Shall I give you a masterclass in villainy 101?"

"Pardon me?"

"Let's royally screw them over. Black Rock Entertainment and Aaliyah Salazar combined."

"What?"

Valentina could only stare at him in confusion.

"How do you feel about being the face of a giant lawsuit? For justice and the good of all young artists everywhere?" Kaiser gave her an innocent-looking smile, but no matter how she looked at him, all she saw were devil horns and a wing.

"Pardon me?" Valentina asked incredulously, not following his train of thought at all.

"Also, how do you feel about pretending to be a good person? Or selling a fake relationship? Just until the lawsuit is over. I promise it will raise your reputation and won't be detrimental to you at all. I'll naturally cover the cost of everything."

"What are you talking about? Lawsuit? Pretend? But I am a good person?" Feeling as if she were being whipped by random words, Valentina could only tilt her head and stare at him blankly.

Had he gone crazy? What was he talking about while excitedly rubbing his hands together?

"Good vs evil. The small underdog angel seeking justice vs. the big bad corporate devil oppressing her. We'll package it like that and start a proper smear campaign against Black Rock Entertainment and use the opportunity to knock them down a couple of pegs. Platinum Entertainment has been slowly cornering them in the market, but I'm happy to use this opportunity and a good cause to properly strangle Black Rock while looting some benefits. They've been annoying me for the last couple of years anyway." Kaiser replied with a confident smile as he began working out the details in his head.

He would have to contact the Grayson conglomerate lawyers as well as Platinum Entertainment lawyers to get them to start building the case and to begin providing legal counsel to Valentina on how to act in public and how to answer questions from the media. Assembling the jurors would take priority, as well as beginning subtle ad campaigns to sway public opinions against companies that had blatantly scam like contracts with artists. Bribing the judges who would pick up the case, crafting a persona for Valentina, and paying bloggers to positively spread the story.

He also needed Roman to prepare her contract at Platinum Entertainment, while the Black Rock side needed to be monitored carefully.

There were a lot of moving parts he needed to assemble to create a flawless legal victory in the courts and in the public eye. And since it involved Valentina, he would have to take special care to leave no traces, which meant he would have to personally oversee each and every step.

During the whole process, they would have to be close to each other, keeping in constant contact, and she wouldn't be able to leave him due to the media and having to frequently speak with the lawyers, inadvertently chaining her to his side.