Chapter 125 - Variety Show (26)

Satisfied with Roman's efforts, Kaiser let out a satisfied smile while sipping some water. Although he wanted a drink, considering he was driving Luca and Valentina around, he would abstain.

Turning to Alexandria, he happily berated her, "You need to have self-respect for yourself and stop shoving yourself in places you're not wanted. Your father is a good man and raised you better than that. Your actions are disgraceful to him and your entire family. If I were you, I would take the moment to leave."

As her face turned pale, he calmly continued.

"But since Roman did you a favor and brought you here, I won't kick you away. Sit. Eat. And watch your mouth. I've let it slide once because of your father, but I won't do it again. Check your tone and respect my guest and my son. Otherwise, you won't be able to handle the consequences. Understood?"

Even though the cold words weren't directed at her, the pressure coming from Kaiser was no joke. She watched as the blood drained from Alexandria's face before the girl seemed to make a decision.

"...yes"

Responding in a subdued tone, Alexandria sat down while looking between Valentina and Kaiser's arm around her chair as he leaned in and whispered something to her. Finally, seeing the exquisite face of the woman before her and the way Kaiser, the blunt Kaiser who had just berated her worse than her parents ever had, treated the woman softly like a princess, she felt really bitter and outclassed.

Who was this random girl that was being called sister in law by Roman and being carefully treasured by Kaiser?

Clearly, she was only being favored because of that vixen-like face and body. How was a respectable lady like her supposed to compete with that sl*t??

From the way she looked and dressed, she was probably an aspiring actress or a model. She grew up wealthy, so she could recognize that the quality of the clothing Valentina wore was superb and probably off the runway. Since she didn't recognize her, and she knew most of the socialites in the capital, that meant that something shady was going on and the woman in front of her was probably selling her body to afford the things she wore.

A dirty gold digger who was trying to climb up!

Gritting her teeth, she put on a cheerful smile and began chatting obliviously after placing her order.

As the food quickly came out, Alexandria continued to talk, bringing up past topics and stories that Valentina had no context for or interest in.

She simply focused on her food while occasionally chatting with Luca, acting as if the whole situation had nothing to do with her.

As the three other people continued to chat, Roman was loud and energetic while trying to drag her into the conversation; Kaiser was cold and curt; and Alexandria ignored her existence; Valentina hid a yawn as the food began weighing her down.

Glancing at her, Kaiser lowered his head and whispered, "Tired? Need coffee?"

"No, but I need to use the bathroom."

"Make two lefts, walk a bit, and you should see the sign." At her raised brow, he continued with a teasing smile, "I've seen that you're bad with directions, so I took some preventative measures."

"I'm just a little directionally challenged. Eat your food and stop talking nonsense about me." Rolling her eyes, she got up and, after a moment of hesitation, decided to follow his directions.

She took her time using the bathroom, and when she walked out of the stall, she saw that Alexandria was standing in front of the mirror applying her lipstick.