Chapter 140 - Variety Show (41)

Hearing the question, Valentina began to sweat a bit but was also a bit annoyed. What were these two hosts seeing? She was as equally casual with Rio as she was with Shawn. Why were they trying to link the two of them together in a romantic manner?

If anything, she thought the relationship between her and Rio was like siblings who constantly ribbed each other in annoyance rather than flirting.

Seriously! Was this what being a celebrity was like? Would you get linked up to any attractive member of the opposite sex if they were around you?

If they thought this was flirting, they would have a stroke and die if they ever found out about her and Kaiser's relationship. It had evolved from simply flirting to something...more, especially a couple of nights ago. Something that she quite liked and wanted to pursue despite her hesitation.

Vowing to hide that feeling, she took a breath to formulate her response before responding.

Her only option was to what?

Deflect! Deny! Lie and Deny!

And when that didn't work?

Do it again until it does!

Putting on her most charming smile, she began to respond.

"Well, as far as I know, I am a Single Pringle. If someone is claiming to be my boyfriend, they should please let me know," Valentina replied with a wink.

Jimmy laughed before interrupting her, "Well, as you know, Pringles do not, in fact, come in singles. Rather, they're rather close together. I'm sure a beautiful woman like you has received lots of offers from people who want to get close to you. What are you looking for in a man? Because I'd like to slide my application in and get close to you too. What do you think?"

At the off-color comment, she awkwardly laughed along, feeling sincerely uncomfortable that he was putting her on the spot like that, "Oh, your jokes are too funny, Jimmy. I'll consider it an honor, but I'm sure a lovely man like you has many women dying to claim you for their own."

So stop hitting on me, you weirdo.

She smiled politely at him, hoping he would get the hint, but unfortunately, he persisted.

"It's not a joke. What are you looking for in a man? I'm sure the people want to know as well."

Valentina: "......"

Doing her best to keep her face smooth, she stared at the camera with a serious expression while she answered, "It might sound silly, but I want to reach the peak of being an actress and growing my career in all the ways I can. From modeling to acting to directing and eventually owning my own business brands, I want to focus on that at first with all of my might. I also want to really discover who I am and how far I can go before getting into a relationship with somebody. Basically, that's just a long-winded way of saying my career is my current boyfriend right now, and I don't see that changing anytime soon, haha."

"But if you were to-"

"Alright, thank you for that. Let's move on. Valentina, Rio has mentioned your relationship with him and Shawn. We saw how close you were today. Would you mind sharing some thoughts?" Vanessa quickly cut in, seeing that Jimmy was intent on talking about this topic.

"My relationship with Shawn and Rio is quite nice because, as you know, I'm relatively new in the industry while they are the true experts here. They have both been a great help from our last project together and have been giving me tips and tricks on how to navigate a lot of things about the entertainment space and advocate for myself. I'm able to be casual with them because they've really helped put me at ease, and I think that's what you're seeing. I feel like I treat them as older brothers I've never had, and they treat me as a younger sister who is very cute and also very annoying. I'm really grateful and blessed." Valentina responded with a brilliant smile as she looked thankfully at the two of them.