Chapter 108 - Variety Show (10)

Hearing his words, Valentina closed her eyes for a moment and thought through Kaiser's explanation. Although there might be some risk, the way Kaiser outlined everything made it seem possible to not only get out of Black Rock Entertainment scott-free but she could whack them and Aaliyah in the back and make them suffer a bit. Although it was a bit selfish, she had no attachments to the company and anyone in it. If Kaiser truly made them suffer the way he planned, the most she would do was light a candle and pray for them when she remembered.

Although she might have to deal with the media during the case and carefully watch her step, no matter how she looked at it, the pros outweighed the cons, and if things played out the way Kaiser expected them to, she wouldn't be in Kaiser's debt any more than she already was.

As she opened her eyes, she looked into his gray ones and, ready to give him a reply, the system blared out with a message, causing her to flinch.

[Warning!]

[Warning The Host to watch your actions. Or there will be dire consequences.]

[Advising the host to rethink your actions as this might be detrimental to the host's future and cause irreparable damage to your bond with the Salazar family.]

Seeing the warning, she immediately lost her temper.

'I haven't settled the score with you about the contract and fines, and you want to complain when someone is actually helping me? Do you know what's detrimental to my future? Staying at a company where I'm hated and have no opportunity to work. Being slapped for no reason! So you can take your advice or warning and shove it where the sun doesn't shine because I don't care!'

Valentina mentally imagined all the wrestling combos she could use to beat up the system.

"Are you okay? You seem angry." Kaiser asked concernedly, his hands touching her brows as they furrowed once more.

Smiling brightly at him and ignoring the system's continuous warnings with all her strength, Valentina continued what she was going to say.

"Yeah, I just got a headache at the thought of something really annoying, but it's fine. As you told me before, I'm on your side and no one else's. And those people are not my family. So whatever happens to the Salazar's or Black Rock Entertainment has nothing to do with me. I'm happy to contribute however I can, whether it be selling a relationship, acting as an innocent lamb in public, or playing dumb with Aaliyah. As long as you don't cause me harm and tell me what you plan, use me as you see fit. Anything I can do to help, I'm willing to do."

She intentionally doubled down while daring the system to do something to her, and although it continued giving warnings, the intensity dropped once she verbally agreed with Kaiser.

"Good. Then we'll get to work immediately." Kaiser gave her a sharp smile.

"But regarding the faux ambiguous relationship, who is going to be? Jonathan or Rio?" as she asked the question, she couldn't help but laugh as Kaiser's face twisted into a frown as if he had just eaten something sour.

"Neither. I don't want you in a fake relationship with any of them. Even as an ambiguous friendship." Kaiser sulked as he responded grumpily.