CHAPTER 31 - Have You Changed? Or Have I Changed?

"Of course! It's because he wants to visit Lia"

_________________________

The moment Chawarin heard that, he felt like... there was something broken inside him. Something just cracked inside him.

'So all this time....he was not visiting me...he came to the hospital to see someone else...hahaha.... there's no such thing as destiny... it's just all pure coincidence that he met me on the first day'

Chawarin thought that inside his head to himself.

"So...that day...where I met the both of you...did Zee come to visit her as well?"

Chawarin asked Zee's grandma again.

"Well, yes I guessed. Cuz the moment I stepped out from Lia's room, I saw him getting out of the elevator"

Zee's grandma answered Chawarin casually.

'So that second time I met him, also because he wants to visit Lia, I see...he didn't come there to see me...the fact that I met him in the cafeteria and not in my ward... isn't it obvious that he didn't actually come for me?'

Chawarin thought to himself again, and then he got this heavy feeling again in his chest. Knowing the truth now just makes it taste more bitter than before.

But again...When Chawarin thought again about this matter, it felt like... it's just him that was a fool here...I mean... it makes sense if Zee came to the hospital to see Lia and not him.

What did you expect, Lia was someone that he loves while Chawarin was a stranger that Zee only saw once... doesn't it make no sense if Zee suddenly came to the hospital to visit someone that he barely knows?

And thinking about that day... Chawarin finally realized something,

'Hahaha...it must be so annoying for him...that I suddenly cling to him like that back in the days... isn't it weird if there's suddenly a mute freak hugging you all of a sudden like that?..he must be feeling very uncomfortable by me... that's true... I was no one but a stranger to him...and what did I expect..for him to return my feelings...I was a nobody, that doesn't even know much about the world...I was just a star that needed to complete his mission...I don't have the right...to be a part of Zee's life'

Chawarin thought to himself as he grit his teeth a little. Now he has these mixed feelings that he could not stop from getting inside his heart.

"Lia...is she someone that is very important for Zee?"

The moment Chawarin asks those questions to Zee's grandma, she gets taken aback a little. She didn't expect that Chawarin would ask this kind of question.

"She does... but she's with someone else right now"

As those words slipped from Zee's grandma's mouth. There's a hint of happiness in Chawarin's eyes...but then again, that was supposed to be bad news. Bad news for Chawarin and also Zee.

"What do you mean by that? Did that mean she didn't like Zee?"

"Hah...you know... their relationship is kinda complicated...From what I heard, she was about to get married with someone else soon...but from my perspective and observation... they were just trapped in a big misunderstanding here... I guess, she actually still has feelings for Zee"

And that got Chawarin frowned a little.

"What kind of misunderstanding? If they still like each other...then why don't they end up marrying each other?"

"You see...it was communication that they are lacking here...Zee was a quiet person while Lia was someone who's an overthinker. Did Zee already tell you that he used to study abroad before?"