CHAPTER 5 - Dilemma

"Stop! Stop that! Give me this...this is a spoon, alright? Use it like this..."

_____________________

Zee POV

I then show him how to use it... I was also thinking..
Doesn't he know how to use a spoon? Is he really an amnesia patient?? After I take some rice in using the spoon, I shove it to his mouth. At first he bit the spoon hard so that I had to quickly stopped him from doing so.

"Stop! No this is not food. This can't eat okay?"

He then let go of the spoon after I said that. I just felt like I was taking care of a baby...now I'm 100% sure if he was an amnesia patient even though it's not been diagnosed by the doctor.

And that's how I end up feeding him until the food on the plate is finished. Actually it's quite embarrassing how there are a few people who keep on looking at us.

"Come closer...let me take a look at your face"

After I finished feeding him his food I took out my hanker chief and dipped it into the water in the glass. I then wipe his mouth and any food stains on his face. I then realized that...he actually has very good skin. Very fair and smooth skin.

Eh...what am I thinking?! And what am I doing?! This is a stranger why am I doing all of these things to him?! I'm not his family and he is not my responsibility.

Well I'm doing this just because I don't want to complicate things...yes yes that's right... That's the reason why I'm doing this.

I then got up from my seat and of course this guy followed me. I then once again bring him back to his ward. At that time it was almost 4 o'clock. When we were in the lift, I looked down to the floor then I noticed...he doesn't even have shoes on... then I just realized again..he doesn't even have proper clothing. When I take a closer look at him like this... all this time he must be shivering because of the air-conditioning.

But why should I even think about this? Why should I care, it's not like he was someone to me anyway...but somehow...it slightly hurts me when I think of these words...

When I arrived there, the nurse looked surprised seeing me again with the guy, going back together to the ward.

"Ouhh sir you here again? Are you coming back to see him?"

The nurse asked while smiling at me.

"Err... actually I was seeing someone else"

I answered her.

"Ouh... I see...well since 2 days ago,since he woke up...he was very energetic and ate very well also. He already ran around and walked all around this hospital...he was fine and actually can be discharged already"

Discharged?

"So...this past 2 days did his family reach out?"

"Well still no one is really calling us...we just ask if there is any missing person to the local police but it seems like no one is missing their family member now"

"So...what if there is no one reaching out to take him home?"

"Then...since he was already fine...he can go back by himself...you know..since here is not as tight as the city rules...they can go back by themselves"

I frowned.

"But what if he doesn't have home? I mean..what if he doesn't know his way back?"

"To be honest I also didn't know much about that...he can't stay much longer here since no one is actually paying for his stays here... I don't know if he will be sent out of this hospital soon..then he can go to the police station himself if he is actually lost"

I then nodded my head. I see so that's how... If that's what's gonna happen then so be it. It got nothing to do with me.

"He seems to know you actually...are you sure you are not related to this person?"

"No no I'm not..."

I denied it again.

"Well...if you happen to know this person...you can take him home already... I mean to his home"

After the nurse said that then she walked away. Leaving me and the guy, sitting on his bed. He just swayed his legs there while leaned his head on my shoulder. His hand still wrapped around my arm.

"Hey... I know that you actually understand what I am saying right now...just tell me why you are doing this to me"

I then harshly grabbed his wrist to look at me. But then he confusedly looked at me. I tried to look at him with a menacing look but...when I looked into his eyes it seemed....too innocent...and it made me feel that I'm the villain here... I sighed.

"I'm sorry... sorry that I did that to you"

When I said that...he was the one that looked panic and even shook his head abruptly while hugging me. Seeing him like that makes me think of doing something.

Since he looks like he really cares about my feelings, I teasingly made a sad face to him. I just wanted to see his reaction but then I didn't expect that he would do this.

I was making this sulking face to him but then he grabbed my face with both of his hands and gave a kiss on my forehead. I quickly took his hand off my face since the patient's family in front of us looked shocked seeing us like that.

"What are you doing!!"

I said more like whispering to him. He looked at me and gave me a chuckle. Did he find my reaction was funny? For some reason I also laughed with him. For real... what's wrong with me?

After I spent half an hour there...then I decided to go back home. I mean at the hotel that I live in Chiang Mai of course...

" Well I have to go now"

As soon as I said that he quickly hugged me and shook his head. Hmm... already expecting this.

"You see... I'll visit you again soon okay?"

He then gave me his sulking face. Somehow that made me chuckle.

"I have a great time with you... I'll visit you soon"

He then nodded his head before slowly moving his hand from me. Before I got out of the ward I turned to look at him once again. And there he waved me with his small hands. I waved him goodbye as well. As I make my way out of the hospital I keep thinking...

Will I come back to visit him again?...to visit a stranger that I don't even know what his name is...will I really make that as a reason why I should come back to this hospital again?

And as I drove my car out of the hospital area I thought about this again... soon that he will be kicked out of the hospital...where will he go? What if he really had no one and nowhere to go? But... again...why should I care about this when this really has nothing to do with me.

Somehow, without me realising it, this matter really stressed me out a little...not to mention the fact that I will leave Chiang Mai soon.

To be continued...

Don't forget to leave a vote!
Next chap?
⬇️