Chapter 25: Qin Song Offers a Plan, Liu Bei's Crisis

Sun Ce's hatred was obvious to all the ministers.

Originally, after capturing Qu'a, he obtained a large amount of grain and provisions. It can be said that Sun Ce had the opportunity to take this opportunity to soar to the sky! But now that Liu Bei has interrupted it, it's a very difficult situation!

Now Sun Ce has only 4,000 troops with him, which is about the same number as Liu Bei's. But Liu Bei's army has horseback riders. But Liu Bei has cavalry in his army! In terms of combat power, Sun Ce is still one step behind Liu Bei. The only advantage is that Sun Ce is occupying the city, while Liu Bei's army is in the field.

At this time, a brown clothed scribe stepped forward and said:

"My Lord, in today's battle, did you see clearly that the enemy army is indeed Liu Bei's?"

This brown-clothed scribe was named Qin Song. Generally speaking, when talking about the Eastern Wu, we would mainly talk about the four major governors of the Eastern Wu. In fact, there are also consigliere in the Eastern Wu. This Qin Song was one of Sun Ce and Sun Quan's strategists! Along with Zhang Zhao, Zhang Vast and Chen Duan, Qin Song is one of Sun Ce's most trusted ministers, and his status is as high as Zhou Yu.

Sun Ce saw Qin Song, dare not take it lightly, said.

"Today, there is a black-faced general in the army, quite courageous, I think it must be that Zhang Fei undoubtedly! Zhang Fei's presence here is enough to prove that this army is Liu Bei's army!"

Qin Song heard, paced a few steps in the hall and said:

"On that day, the military report from the north said that Liu Bei captured Guangling, and today we see Liu Bei's army here, I don't know what kind of deal Yuan Shu made with him, which led to the fact that Liu Bei, this person, most likely switched his military strategy and decided to develop towards Jiangdong!"

When the crowd of military generals heard this, they all frowned. They were still under Yuan Shu's ministry, but they had long been annoyed with their superior Yuan Shu and were ready to go out and develop independently, which was why they came to Jiangdong. Although Jiangdong is divided into four parts, most of them are soldiers, so they are able to march in and seize a large area of land.

Liu Bei was different! Liu Bei as a wandering from the north all the way to the present, can still survive the force, its strength is absolutely can not be ignored!

Sun Ce also tightened his tiger brows and said:

"That Liu Bei is based in Guangling (Yangzhou City, Jiangsu Province), if he wants to fight with us for Jiangdong, it's really not a good idea!"

"Otherwise."

Qin Song said with a slight smile:

"My lord, that Guangling (Yangzhou City, Jiangsu Province) and Wu County (today's Jiangsu Province, Zhejiang Province, Shanghai City) are separated by a large river! Liu Bei, as the northern army, will not use the water army! If he wants to take over Jiangdong, he must have a foothold! In my estimation, Liu Bei's crossing of the river was a hasty move because he heard that our army was about to capture Qu'a (present-day Danyang City, Jiangsu Province)! But now, our army has already captured Qu'a (present-day Danyang City, Jiangsu Province), the enemy army will not have a foothold. Although our army was defeated in this battle, we are not powerless! As long as we defeat the enemy under the city, Liu Bei can only retreat to Dantu (Zhenjiang City, Jiangsu Province, China)! At that time, we can send out our navy to cut off Liu Bei's back road. In this way, Liu Bei fighting alone is a dead end!"

"Wonderful!"

Sun Ce's tiger eyes flashed with brilliance and laughed:

"This argument cuts to the heart of the enemy! In this case, Liu Bei is just a rootless tree that can be easily defeated!"

Cheng Pu Han Dang and others were also happy to hear this. After Qin Song analyzed, Liu Bei's weaknesses were immediately presented!

Sun Ce laughed for a while and asked again:

"But to break Liu Bei's army under the city, how to break it?"

At this time, Qin Song behind another black-clothed scribe came out and said:

"My lord, I have a plan to break Liu Bei!"

When Sun Ce saw Chen Duan come out, he was busy and happy:

"What's your plan?"

Chen Duan was wearing a black shirt, quite thin, and lightly stroked his long beard and laughed.

"My Lord, Liu Bei will have an army after him. Now he is stationed by the river, most probably waiting for the rear army! But this is a military taboo!"

"Oh?"

Sun Ce immediately interested, let Chen Duan quickly continue to speak. So Chen Duan continued:

"The art of war says that if the enemy army crosses the river, they can half cross the river and attack it! Crossing the river is the same thing. The opposite side camped by the river, that is, half of their own army trapped in the river, we can defeat it! Today's defeat is not a bad thing! Now that the enemy has won a great victory and knows that they are outnumbered by our army, they are bound to relax. With our defeat, the enemy will naturally think that we don't dare to go out to the city to fight! According to my opinion, tonight, Lord can lead the army to raid the enemy camp, under the enemy army's relaxation, we can break them in one battle!"

"Good plan!"

Sun Ce excitedly laughed:

"This plan is wonderful, that Liu Bei must not have convenient!"

He grabbed Qin Song and Chen Duan's hands and said:

"With the help of the two of you, why would Liu Bei worry about not breaking!"

Sun Ce smiled, rather self-satisfied. In his opinion, although Liu Bei was strong, he had no wise men under him to plan. Otherwise, he wouldn't have lost battles in a row. He, on the other hand, has many strategists to assist him, so how can he not be Liu Bei's opponent! At one time, all the people are happy and smiling, the depressed atmosphere in the lobby is swept away.

At this time, Liu Bei's camp was in the middle of a military discussion to decide the next step. Because Liu Cao's forces had been hit hard, nearly 1,000 of Liu Cao's army had already been integrated by Liu Bei. Liu Cao, Taishi Ci and Fan Neng also agreed to stay in Liu Bei's army under Liu Bei's persuasion. Seeing that Liu Bei's army is getting stronger and stronger, they are just waiting for the rear troops to come and fight! Although Liu Bei's army is less powerful than Sun Ce's, he can force Sun Ce to come out of the city to fight as long as he waits for the latter's army to come.

But at this time Jane Yong is worried, the reason, mainly now camping riverside, the rear army has not yet arrived, Sun Ce army at any time can night attack tents, so that Liu Bei army backwater to meet the enemy, history can be backwater camping can still win the only Bing Xian Han Xin only, Jane Yong think that now this era should not have the ability to compare with Han Xin, so he went to exhort Liu Bei. But Liu Bei drank a night, now drunk, seems not afraid of the consequences of the backwater camp; he went to ask Liu Xian, Liu Xian is sober, but he is shaking his head and said there is no harm, he is free to deal with the method.

Jane Yong was delighted, then asked whether to use Liu Bei said the secret weapon, Liu Xian but shook his head, said tonight nothing to use. Jane Yong had no choice but to return to their own tents first cleaned up, the night was routed or run.

Compared to Liu Bei and Liu Xian's indifference, Sun Ce's side is much more nervous. He personally led a thousand cavalry and three thousand infantry to come out and attack Liu Bei's camp.

On Liu Xian's side, he also gently picked up a jug of wine, raised his cup and drank it, and then said as if talking to himself and also to Liu Bei in the camp in front of him:

"Whether our army can capture Qu'a (present-day Danyang City, Jiangsu Province) or not, lies in this night!"