Chapter 15 Shortcuts conveyed. Like a fish in water.

With the fall of the city of Guangling, the defenders on the front line of the Huai Shui were immediately cut off from supplies. Lei Bo realized that he was trying to retreat slowly to Jiujiang County (present-day Jiangxi Province, China), but he did not want to see his troops crumble with the back-and-forth attack of Guan Yu, Liu Bei's army and Zhang Fei's army. Lei Bo, the 30,000-strong frontline garrison, eventually fled back with only 5,000 men.

So, did the army sent by Yuan Shu arrive?

Apparently not, the general sent was Chen Lan, who only brought 30,000 troops to rescue Guangling County (Yangzhou City, Jiangsu Province, China). What about the rest of the army? This has to start from the day of the incident in Xiapi (present-day Xuzhou City, Jiangsu Province, China).

Since the defeat of Lu Bu from Xiapi, immediately captured a few captured soldiers began to ask, was told that Hao Yin's rebellion is Yuan Shu guidance, but also think that they also sent Yang Feng to impede their own, they are angry out, and do not care whether Zang Ba is involved in the battle and why Liu Bei occupied Xiapi, back to Xiaopei, after a few days of reorganization and led the whole army to kill Qiao County (present-day Bozhou City, Anhui Province).

Yuan Shu also because of that time wanted to take advantage of but suffered a loss and annoyed, to see Lu Bu also inch, very angry, with Ji Ling, bridge leeds and Liu Xun, several generals and 50,000 troops went to Qiao County (present-day Bozhou, Anhui Province) and Lu Bu confrontation, the two sides stalemate for a long time. But do not want to Nanyang County (now Henan Province, Hubei Province) Liu Biao also came to sneak attack, Yuan Shu had to transfer another 20,000 troops from Guangling County and a few thousand Tiger Jie army (you look at the translation, heavily armored infantry, armed with a huge axe, specializing in breaking the cavalry) and from the Jiujiang County to transfer their own several hundred personal guards - Zuo Zhuan army (Tiger Jie army of the elite) transferred to the defense, the rear of the empty, not many soldiers can be mobilized, so the quality of the troops sent to support! That is why the quality of the troops sent to support them is so poor.

------

Ping'an County Camp.

Liu Bei is sitting in the tent dealing with military affairs. Five days have passed since Guan Yu and the others led the troops to capture Guangling. Originally, he was going to lead the troops to attack the city himself, but he was stopped by Liu Xian. If Guan Yu could not take it with so many men, then even if all of them pressed on, it would be difficult to capture Guangling (Yangzhou City, Jiangsu Province, China).

Liu Xian said lightly, but Liu Bei is anxious in his heart. Guan Yu led and his own sent to assist Guan Yu to take the city of a total of 5,000 people, but half of his people! If he is defeated again, I am afraid that it will be really difficult for him to rise again. However, Liu Bei has never been a man of doubt, even if his heart is anxious, but will not show it. But because of the worry in his heart, he stayed in the military camp and dealt with the military affairs personally every day, hoping to separate his attention.

"Liu Bei, but his heart is uneasy?"

At this time, Jian Yong's voice rang out. Upon hearing it, Liu Bei raised his head and squeezed out a smile and said:

"You've come."

Jian Yong and Liu Bei were close friends and never needed to be informed when entering Liu Bei's tent.

He laughed:

"You usually keen eyesight, hear clearly, today even I came do not know, I think the heart must be concerned about the war in Guangling? "

"Harm."

Liu Bei shook his head and laughed:

"Second brother this time is a surprise blow to the enemy, but a few thousand soldiers and horses; second brother and in Huaiyin (present-day Huai'an City, Jiangsu Province) to delay the enemy, how can I not worry about it?"