chapter 14 - the fall of guangling. Guan Yu's Admiration

Huaiyin (present-day Huai'an City, Jiangsu Province, China) defense line.

Zhang Fei is leading his troops all the way to kill, the defenders are all the way back, the defending general Lei Bo (Yuan Shu's subordinate) keeps gathering troops from the rear to station at the front line, Guangling (Yangzhou City, Jiangsu Province, China) is empty, but Liu Bei's and Guan Yu's big troops have already bypassed by Shiyang (Yangzhou City, present-day Jiangsu Province, China) and come to the peace.

------

Under the city of Guangling.

It's nighttime, and there are fewer soldiers patrolling the towering walls than usual. Guan Yu is now wearing the attire of Yuan Shu's army, and in the daytime, they have already attacked Ping'an City, and now they have already come to the bottom of the city of Guangling (Yangzhou City, Jiangsu Province, China).

Sun Qian asked:

"General Guan, when are we going to attack the city?"

Guan Yu caressed his long beard, Danfeng eyes narrowed, said to some Sun Qian:

"Sun Qian is not in a hurry, now is still early, the enemy did not slacken, to be Zi Hour (11:00 pm to 1:00 am) after the passage of time, we then go forward, will be loaded in the car transportation of military supplies to send on. When the enemy army opens the door, they will block the door with provisions, and Liu Bei will come to meet them by himself!"

"Good!"

Sun Qian responded, then to retreat. Seeing that Sun Qian wanted to leave, Guan Yu added: "You must be careful, once unsuccessful, then immediately retreat, this car will not want!"

Sun Qian heard, immediately puzzled.

"General looks like he is not too assured of this scheme?"

Guan Yu raised his head and sneered:

"How do I know that the guards in the city are not prepared? There's nothing wrong with being careful. Secondly, even if we lose a car this time, the responsibility is not ours, someone else will take the blame!"

Sun Qian heard, heart a sigh. In fact, after following Zhang Fei together with the ambush, he has been convinced of Liu Xian's wisdom. Since Liu Xian's arrival, it is the first time in so many years that he feels that he has won easily. However, Guan Yu seems to have a very strong opinion of Liu Xian. He advised:

"General Guan, this Liu Xian consigliere does have real material, if this is a great defeat, the general should not blame too much!"

"Huh?"

Guan Yu heard, looked at Sun Qian, then wide smile: "You do not have to be like this, I am not unable to tolerate people! That Liu Xian has some intelligence, why don't I know?"

"I just don't like his face when he is in power! This time, I've already captured Ping'an City in one day, and I'm just waiting for the result of this city. If it really succeeds, I will be convinced, if not, in the future, even if he does not go, I will not listen to his words!"

"Well ........."

Sun Qian heard here, no more persuasion, turned around and led the army to leave.

------

Waiting for Liu Bei to lead the elite troops to the nearby designated location, the people began under the cover of night, already ready to seize the city, just waiting for the time to enter the midnight (12:00 pm) in the middle of the night. Within a short time, the moon had formed a ring, and the hour of midnight (11 p.m. to 1 a.m.) had arrived. Guan Yu followed the plan and marched towards the city of Guangling (Yangzhou City, Jiangsu Province, China) with 500 soldiers escorting a large amount of grain and provisions.